Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just bought a 2006 ArticCat 4x4.
The fan only runs when the key is turned all the way right and when I turn on the headlight the fan does not work, I suspect the previous guy jimmy rigged something. Couple of questions is it good for the fan to run all the time and secondly what could be the problem? Fixes? to recap I switch lights on fan goes off , switch lights off fan runs and only runs when the key is turned all the way right. Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I'd suspect that you are right. It won't hurt to run the fan all the time, my old 2001 500 ran all the time. I put a switch inline to shut it off until it warmed up in winter. I could monitor coolant temp with my Trail Tech. You should be able to download a service manual from Country Cat and look at a wiring diagram. On older ATVs it's not a bad idea to inspect the wires for chafing/shorts. I'd try removing all of the plastics and start chasing the wires down from the ignition switch, especially check for chafing around the steering column.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks , good to know. I have another question hopefully someone can help me out on. My quad runs good on flat land but is gutless in reverse or when climbing anything from a stand still , it bogs and revs high, any suggestions on what that can be?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts