Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The steel factory rims on my 500 auto got pretty dinged up on a rocky trail. Is there a trick to banging them back into shape? I've heard you can use a 2x4 and a hammer to bend them back into shape.

06 500 auto

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I've done just that successfully on S-10 rims. Don't see why it won't work on quad rims. Just be careful though, don't hit it too much.
JD

·
Registered
46 Posts
i was on a rally before i got my zillas put on and bashed a good rock it blew the tire off the bead and bent the bead a bit i just used a hammer bent it back half a$$ straight and now with my zillas i got them to put on bead sealer and seems to work

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealer wanted 79.00 for a new steel factory rim. I decided to go the other route. I went to another dealer (ITP) and got 4 brand new ITP series 5 Rock Crusher rims (black accents) with ss lugs and end caps. Out the door for 287.00. The three good rims and the one I banged back straight are available cheap if you are in the northeastern maryland area. I don't think I'll need to worry about these dinging up as easily as the factory steel rims. I'll run the Carlisle XTR Badlands until the tread wears and then get the mudlite XTR's.

06 500fis auto
2.5 Warn winch
60" Eagle plow

·
Registered
88 Posts
I dented a rim really bad when my bike was new. Took it to a garage, heated it up a bit and pounded it back out almost as good as new.
After that, I had rim rings made up at a local welding shop, they work awesome -- no more dents :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts