Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it took one time for me to grab the black exhaust pipe on the 200 for me to realize this thing needs a shield. I hacked up a set of running board grip plates for a firecat, and a collar cut in half to space the shield off the pipe. All in all, it cost about 5 bucks. The red shield definitely sticks out in the sea of Underwood black.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That is awesome. What part exactly do I order to do that. My 14yr old was just burned really bad and we had to spend spend 4 days in a burn unit and he goes for skin grafting on Thursday. So if I can minimize the chance of a burn on somebody else I will. Not sure if the Firecat part u used has a part number or not but if so could you let me know please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ll take a look for the part number. Not even sure it is still available though. It started out as the running board grip plate.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can’t find a part number. But google Firecat heat exchanger grip plate. When I first started the shroud project, I ordered a 1.5” x 24” piece of aluminum tube from metals depot, drilled a bunch of 1/2” holes i it, then ripped it in half lengthwise. The spacer collar is from tractor supply, which I bored the id hole to 1”, then sliced in half.

I then found the NOS grip plates, which were already painted red, so I hacked them up instead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts