Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to put a digital temperature gauge on my 2011 F8 Sno Pro. Anyone have any suggestions on brand of gauge or set- up. As everyone knows they run a little hot and my dash info center flashes running hot once in a while. Thought a digital temp gauge would help me monitor it a little more accurately. Would like to put something that looks factory and relatively small and neat! Thanks!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I can't help with what gauge to get but my 2011 F8 sno pro never over heated. Even in really low snow conditions my buddies skidoo's, Polaris's and yamaha's over heated long before mine did. Actually I've never heard about any of the early model F8 800 h.o. sleds over heating other than in extreme low snow conditions. Where do you plan on attaching the sensor?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not really sure how to attach or connect a temp. gauge. A buddy of mine had an issue with his Ski-Doo over heating and he had his dealer shop put one on the sled and it works great. My F-8 has never overheated but has run hot in certain extremely cold conditions. Like when when the trails are hard packed and you get a deep freeze below zero overnight. The next morning riding.......I had to lay into the throttle a lot to to kick up enough snow. The instrument cluster on the F-8's will tell you.... you are running hot but not overheating, as soon as you hit some loose snow or rip the throttle a few times it cools back down quickly.

·
Super Moderator
8,046 Posts
I am not really sure how to attach or connect a temp. gauge. A buddy of mine had an issue with his Ski-Doo over heating and he had his dealer shop put one on the sled and it works great. My F-8 has never overheated but has run hot in certain extremely cold conditions. Like when when the trails are hard packed and you get a deep freeze below zero overnight. The next morning riding.......I had to lay into the throttle a lot to to kick up enough snow. The instrument cluster on the F-8's will tell you.... you are running hot but not overheating, as soon as you hit some loose snow or rip the throttle a few times it cools back down quickly.

call nextstage gauges and get yours reflashed. Everything is already in your gauge, cat just never programmed it to read it. You get a lot for the 100 bucks it cost to reflash it vs buying an aftermarket temp gauge. He is a site sponsor and a great guy to work with.

Next Stage Gauges

·
Registered
43 Posts
X2 on the gauge reflash. Definitely easier than plumbing any temp sensor in, plus many other great features.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,046 Posts
X2 on the gauge reflash. Definitely easier than plumbing any temp sensor in, plus many other great features.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
plus on the temp side you can set what you want it to start sending a warning way before the ECU will.

·
Registered
16 Posts
call nextstage gauges and get yours reflashed. Everything is already in your gauge, cat just never programmed it to read it. You get a lot for the 100 bucks it cost to reflash it vs buying an aftermarket temp gauge. He is a site sponsor and a great guy to work with.

Next Stage Gauges
Can the dealer do a reflash on these units to give you the extra info on the dash

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
jjmertes
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing