Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm new to Cat, and I just bought a '13 F800 RR. My question is, does anyone else thing the little bolt in the front of the left side panel is bogus? Has anyone came up with a better solution? I thought about a setup similar to the other pin/clip on the sides, or possibly a quarter turn dzus style fastener. Any input or ideas???? These things are NOT mechanic friendly.

·
Super Moderator
9,370 Posts
Mine fell out after a dealer service. Now it is just like the '12 model.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ok, I'm new to Cat, and I just bought a '13 F800 RR. My question is, does anyone else thing the little bolt in the front of the left side panel is bogus? Has anyone came up with a better solution? I thought about a setup similar to the other pin/clip on the sides, or possibly a quarter turn dzus style fastener. Any input or ideas???? These things are NOT mechanic friendly.
I have had ok luck with mine but a qtr turn (dzus) clip would be better. I think they must have built some like that because I know I've seen pics that have a dzus clip rather than the screw. You can find them on the internet so it would be easy to try. I have a bag of them I bought at one point-maybe I'll try it out to see how it would work. The stupid side panel clips scratch the heck out of the white panels so I scrapped mine in favor of a custom bolt that works great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.