Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's obvious by reading many of the topics re: F8 & F1000's that there seems to be a fair amount of these sleds that are running as fast as expected right out of the box and a fair amount that are not producing the top end that anyone would expect from a decent 800 or 1000-myself with an F8LXR, LabonteF8's and pmk's 1000 to name 3 I know of.

There have been posts that suggest that the difference in these sleds might have something to to do with the build dates: ie; earlier production sleds are the slower ones and that later build sleds were produced differently and perform correctly. This would suggest that Arctic Cat made some kind of change during the production run.

Anyway, there certainly is something different in these sleds that, from my questioning and searching, AC hasn't acknowledged and no one else has been able to put their finger on.

I think we could start by trying to find out if there are production run time frames that coincide with fast or slow machines.

I am asking that if you have an '07 F8 or F1000, please respond with your model, the last 6 digits of your serial number and whether yours is a fast or slow one.

Thanks in advance.

Mine: F8LXR, 127431: slow

·
Registered
942 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (720 @ Mar 19 2007, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Should also throw in there what symbol is on the box[/b]

I am glad that other consumers are taking steps similar to what we're posting on the XF site. Many of us are still waiting for answers from AC.

FYI: I had an 07 XF1000 which had 3 motors replaced and the dealer just installed a 5th ECU from AC. The reason that I am posting... on ECU #3 or 4, AC had the mechanic heat and peal the sticker off a Triangle ECU and replace it with the sticker from mine (mine came stock with a Square). After the sticker switch the triangle ECU (now square stickered) was installed on the sled. Thus matching a Triangle ECU with a Square injector.

I hope this makes sense...

Happy hunting! :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nov. 2006
F8 SP
Runs Fast with Speedwerx 108mph (so far,Theres more) Hi-Flow without 101-102 maybe.
With 30 miles on I raced my buddy 07 800X with 30 miles and we were even, added the hi fow and 900 miles later It's no contest. I whoop him bad.

·
Registered
696 Posts
07 F8sp built Oct. 06. Runs like a raped ape up till low 90's then doesnt seem to pull much after that. Never had it on a lake or anything so not really sure what the ultimate top end is. I am sure clutching would be a major help.

·
Registered
608 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pmk @ Mar 20 2007, 07:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
F1000 Underperformer
Built 8/06
Square Symbol[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (f1pete @ Mar 20 2007, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pmk @ Mar 20 2007, 07:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
F1000 Underperformer
Built 8/06
Square Symbol[/b]
Mine; f1000 lxr 08/06 square symbol goes like hell..................

There goes that theory
[/b][/quote]
Mine was built 8/06, square symbol on the ecu and it flies. It is D&D trail ported with a single pipe,etc.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (f1pete @ Mar 20 2007, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pmk @ Mar 20 2007, 07:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
F1000 Underperformer
Built 8/06
Square Symbol[/b]
Mine; f1000 lxr 08/06 square symbol goes like hell..................

There goes that theory
[/b][/quote]
Not enough results in to do any good. But are all the 1000's squared and all the problem sleds squared. Sno Pilot post reminded me of an unrelated story. Back in 1970 met a guy through some friends he used to brag about this. In our town was the engine plant for Mopar. He worked on the line putting the cams in they were colored coded tags. A few times a day he would throw in a 318 cam into a 340 and vice versa some would be a dog and some old timer would get a gas guzzling screaming 318. So im not saying there is any wrong doing but are the injectors matched to the box or the rating system for the injectors flawed somehow

·
Registered
54 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snowhawg @ Mar 19 2007, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's obvious by reading many of the topics re: F8 & F1000's that there seems to be a fair amount of these sleds that are running as fast as expected right out of the box and a fair amount that are not producing the top end that anyone would expect from a decent 800 or 1000-myself with an F8LXR, LabonteF8's and pmk's 1000 to name 3 I know of.

There have been posts that suggest that the difference in these sleds might have something to to do with the build dates: ie; earlier production sleds are the slower ones and that later build sleds were produced differently and perform correctly. This would suggest that Arctic Cat made some kind of change during the production run.

Anyway, there certainly is something different in these sleds that, from my questioning and searching, AC hasn't acknowledged and no one else has been able to put their finger on.

I think we could start by trying to find out if there are production run time frames that coincide with fast or slow machines.

I am asking that if you have an '07 F8 or F1000, please respond with your model, the last 6 digits of your serial number and whether yours is a fast or slow one.

Thanks in advance.

Mine: F8LXR, 127431: slow[/b]
Mine: F8 SnoPro, #133688, built 11/06, round symbol; fast but have V-Force3 reeds on it, Speedwerx Air Breather , D&D Y-pipe, and 153 Mega-bites Studs since day one. With these add-ons it's a fast sled, but have had belt slippage (had one spacer added & a while later another one to secondary) still has a "flat spot" at mid-range; goes like hell on a really hard surface, ice or a road, but don't go so good in even slightly loose snow on the trail. Belt deflection off you may think but that's not the case. Belt broken in properly too. Also have problems with the track mis-alignment (exchanged for Rip-saw 1&1/4" since day one also; have to readjust track after every ride; this slows it up quite a bit almost like having the brake on; found out that A/C knows about this and its got something to do with rails & sliders flexing, that's what I heard....B.S or not, mine has a problem. So I guess some sleds are better than others regardless of the build date.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts