Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it finally snowed this weekend, got like 4-5 inches of fresh powder. Got to take my new to me F7 down to the lake for my first ride since i got it. All i got to say is WOW! these sleds are quick. Coming from an old Doo 500f that only went 65, it was a huge jump to the F7. I got to hit 100mph fo the first time. I got used to the triple digits real quick, and since the lake was in perfect conditons, i even got to get the grudge racing over from all the older guys in my neighborhood that had been talkin bad about my new cat saying it was slow and unreliable.
I didnt think my 700 would be able to beat the 06 800Ptek MXZ from doo. Let me tell ya!! IT DID
I raced like 6 or 7 times all together, each was a mile long. Cant belive i won everytime, even when my track was so loose that it was racheting for the first 3 races.
First 3 races were against an 05' Fcat standard stock with 96 picks, absolutely blew him away, wasnt even close since i had 170 chisels and a few other little mods.
Then i got ****y and started a race with my neighbor on his newish 800 doo PTEK. He had 96 studs and he was a mechanic, so i knew his sled would be runing spot on. Kinda didnt wanna race him but i had to lol after i said i could take him too. I drove back to the house and tightened the track real quick before we started.
This time we ran about a mile and a half, we started a little further back than the F7. I blew him away out of the hole all 3 times, and held him off till the near end of the race when the people back in on the beach said he started reeling me in. This was probably around 110 mph and I think the doo had longer legs than my F7. But before he could get close enough to call it a tie we already had to slow down because the lake ended. He said he was spinning the whole time so on the 3rd race we started at 25mph rolling and i still held him off. I even lost a helmet racing the doo, i turned around going 100+mph and the visor opened it sucked it off my head. Shattered the visor and the helmet had a huge crack down the middle lol but it was worth it.
So now i have the fastest sled in my neighborhood and my friends dad on the doo is still crying and saying that once he installs his new needle jets and he gets more studs he will take me. LoL he cant believe he lost to a 17 year old on a 5 year old Cat that cost 1/3 as much as his doo.
Heres a few pics from this weekend, before it stopped snowing and before the racing. I dont have any pics or vids of us racing, but i will probably get more later in the season once we get snow that stays for good

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
That sounds like an absolute blast! I have an old '97 ZR 580efi, and I put about 10 miles on it today. I picked up a 2001 MXZ 800 at the very end of last season, and took it for the maiden voyage today. Seems to have lots of power, but it tends to dart alot. I am going to check the track tension, and ski alignment, and log some more miles. I have been looking at an 03 f7, and am going to try to find someone to let me drive one for a couple of minutes to see how they feel. I am sure they will give my Doo a dusting. I have a 1" track on it, and have to add some studs, as it just spins like a bastard.

If I get a chance to race some f's, and get beat, then it will persuade me to take the f7 plunge.

Hope for more snow, and ride safe.

·
Registered
462 Posts
haha thats sweet. sounds like a good time! :sledder:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts