Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother just bought a 07 Apex Attack which has a 136" track and all I hear is that my chances are not that good in a race. I have a 05 F7 sno pro with minor modifications with 10.4 on it's way. What do you guys think? On a hard packed trail, I've been able to hit 107-110, but in any loose snow, I loose a lot of top end. Is there anything else that I can look into that will help or is it time to order a new F-1000. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Race him when it,s new cus after about 1000 miles on em they get silly fast. The more miles on em they faster/quicker they get and it,s a huge difference.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Not good, I have a 06 f7 snopro and my buddie has a 06 attack and its pretty close untill about 70mph and then he starts putting the sled lenths on me. It would be closer if I had a standard non snopro but not that much. My sled is also stock.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good buddy of mine has an 06 attack with a CPR clutch kit, tops out on Gps at 111mph(126 on speedo lol). From a dig, my 05F6SP shows the atttack its flap until the century mark, I jump a sled out of the hole and hold it until 100, then he creeps by, my F6 will show 107-108 on the speedo. Attack has well over 3K miles as well, so its broken in. They go pretty good, but not all that impressive. If you have trouble with him it will be up top.

·
Administrator
20,056 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Indytriple @ Mar 10 2007, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Good buddy of mine has an 06 attack with a CPR clutch kit, tops out on Gps at 111mph(126 on speedo lol)

Attack has well over 3K miles as well, so its broken in. They go pretty good, but not all that impressive.

If you have trouble with him it will be up top.[/b]
:lol:

you can sure say that again

IF, (it all depends on setup)

·
Registered
93 Posts
True story, my buddy has 06 Apex reg. track and I beat him 3 outta 5 times with my 06 F7 efi. Hes stock, and I have reeds, bmp pipe, airbox mod, minor clutch changes. Bonus, I am 30 lbs. heavier than him.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i have have an apex and have raced a 2004 f7 with 160 horse but and the apex has 150 no i weigh i'd say sixty pounds give or take less and he killed me but in the long run the apex kinda starts to kreep up.

***have raced on the same f7 against an f1000 with a clutch kit and pipe and the f7 will beat it pretty good

·
Registered
253 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ttrain05 @ Mar 10 2007, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My brother just bought a 07 Apex Attack which has a 136" track and all I hear is that my chances are not that good in a race. I have a 05 F7 sno pro with minor modifications with 10.4 on it's way. What do you guys think? On a hard packed trail, I've been able to hit 107-110, but in any loose snow, I loose a lot of top end. Is there anything else that I can look into that will help or is it time to order a new F-1000. Thanks[/b]
So I was thinking my buddy is in the same predicament, then I realized it was you Trevor, Ttrain,lol I hope we can put a whoopin on em!!! We are gonna have to stick to the short races, maybe put mirrors on and if we see him start creepin we will finish the race...lol

·
Registered
514 Posts
Ran with one this weekend.... from a dig I had him, but once that 4 stroke started to breathe, he reeled me in quickly (~85-90 he would get by.... everytime. )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.