Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was riding this weekend and my throttle stuck open. I stopped safely and all that other jazz. I can turn the arm on the throttle bodies to get it to go in but it will not return by its self. I know that the problem is by the throttle bodies and I was wondering if anyone else ever had issues like this. I was thinking maybe the springs that are on them are weak and cant pull it back. Anyone know anything on this one?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
use some wd-40 squirt it down by springs on throttle body and oil pump linkage,my wifes f6 did it once the oil pump linkage on the pump stuck open,glad she wasnt riding it Cat happy

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem, very scary. My problem was that the throttle cable would kink on the throttle block. With the sled off hit your throttle full a couple times, see if it binds, and inspect your cable well. Hope it helps.

Sledneck44

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
I've had this same issue when riding in very cold temps. The TSS worked as it should, thank God. I narrowed it down to something in the TB's hanging up, but never got any farther than that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts