Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RODE IN THE U.P. THIS PAST WEEKEND. I BLEW A BELT GOING ABOUT 80 MPH, AND THE ODOMETER JUST TURNED 1100 MILES. THEN ON THE WAY BACK FROM THE LAST RIDE OF THE TRIP THE SPEEDO QUIT WORKING IN BOTH MODES ANYONE HAVE THIS HAPPEN ON AN 06'? AND IF YOU DID WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Same thing happened to me, i thought something hit the wire by the secondary but it was the sensor. It reads off some sensor and they are very faulty. Dealership covered it for me (warranty) good luck

·
Registered
474 Posts
I was riding my Sabercat 04 700 this past Thursday when my speedo started quitting on me...if I shut the sled off for a minute and then started again it would work for a couple of miles then go back to zero...Does that sound like a sensor to anyone out there or a whole new speedo unit ($350.00)? Thanks for the help...

·
Registered
126 Posts
jefff1
Thats how the speedo was on my 05 F6.Took it back to dealer the
first year I had it. They said they replaced the senser, and then went
riding again about 50 or so miles stop working again. Then it would work
for a couple, then it would stop. It went on like that for about a year and a 1/2 know.
Because when ever I took it to the dealer it would work, and they wont chg. the senser
when it is working. So now it stoped working ,and wont start at all know. So rather then
taking the sled back and pay the $50. deductible. I will buy the $18.00 part and chg. it myself.
And Iwount have to worry about them wrecking something else on my sled like the last time I had it in there. :devil_angry:
Good luck. Kevin

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thanks for the help Kevin...I believe you have the DD on your 05 whereas I have the standard chaincase on my 04...Is there a sensor on an 04 chaincase model or do I just end up having to replace the whole speedo unit? Jefff1

·
Registered
63 Posts
My 06 F6 has been doing the same thing all season! I havn't taken it to the dealer because i don't want to miss riding time!Not really a big deal,just can't tell the actual miles on my sled.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ya, jefff1
Yours has what they call a regulator thats on the end of your drive
shaft,same place where the old speedo cable hookup was. There is a
magnet on the end of the shaft, and that regulator must have a senser in it.
If you pull Alpha Sports you can see what i am talking about. They got all of
the part diagrams going back to 1972. check it out it gives the price. You can even
order the part from them if you like.
Kevin

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thanks Kevin...is that alphasports.com? I do like the speedo/odometer for keeping track of fuel useage as I know my mpg ....also we have a speed limit on our trails now in NYS....Jefff1

·
Registered
126 Posts
jefff1
Ya thats what it is. I allso just seen on another post that you have
a set of C&A pros on your sabercat. What is the bigest improvement
you notice over stock skies? Because i got set C&A razers coming. Should
be here tomorrow. Allso with 6" sharpers.
Thank You Kevin.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hi Kevin....I run my CA Pro's with 7.5" shapers and the difference over the stock skis was quite dramatic...I have the long track version 144" with 114 studs...The sled now goes where I point him with no questions asked...really boosts your confidence when riding through corners and woods..Let us know what you think after installing and adjusting them.....Jefff1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts