Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to radar run last weekend. My F7 EXT got 82.3mph in 1000 feet. I was expecting more. The run was in a stubble field with 6-8" of snow and the starting line was bare dirt when I ran. I spun a lot, but the sled seems to run the correct rpms and such. Does this sound normal or too low? I don't have studs and the sled is all stock. Of course I tip the scales at over 270lbs all dressed for riding. Any thoughts or advice would be helpful. Please, no wisecracks or putdowns. If you can't say it to my face, don't post it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
That track is going to eat up some power and with no studs you arent going to get the hook-up that you need to produce better numbers. For a long track with no studs it doesnt seem that bad. Im sure with a little susp. tuning you could probaly do better. Never radared mine so I cant caompare a number from a 128inch track with studs. If it makes you feel better my buddies attack with studs was 3 sled lengths behind me in 1000ft ice.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm. What does everyone think about studs in a 144 track? How many? I dunno. All I know is that my F7 EXT is geared like the 128 F7 Snow Pro sleds. I keep reading all the posts on the "other" site and people are getting 105-114 on radar. WTF? Are they running for 2 miles WOT on a nice long lake?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I put 190 1.4 studs in you'll lose some top end but get out of hole and stop better, I used to be able to get 90 - 100 depending on snow conditions, fresh snow 75mph

1 - 4 of 4 Posts