Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help me out. I am going to rejet my 05 f7 carb... I was wondering if it is easier to pull the carbs out or pull the access panel from underneath it?
Also, any suggestions on what size to use. Only other engine mod is that I'm going with an advanced keyway when I rejet it.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
i pull the hood off and the air box thats the easiest way i found .i live in wi i run 450 mains in it,depends on where ya ride, jet it for Cat happy your elevation

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just roll the sled on its side...pull the bottom skid plate offf and there ya are. just did it racin a couple weeks ago. Its tight but can do it no problems. the jet tool is in the tool pouch.

·
Registered
575 Posts
i put my 05 f7 carb on a snowmobile stand and take off the hood, air box and took the carbs out then changed them. im in wi and do alot of trail riding and i think i got 450 mains too, ill have to check this weekend. taking it out of storage and washing it, polishing tunnel and greasing it. then putting on my new hand guards, windshield and exhaust vaulve spacers from BIKEMAN on the sled. i cant wait for snow!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input everyone. I'm going to try the 450's and see how she runs....snow has gotta be coming soon

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have carb 04 f7 and just had my carbs off 520 in them just read it. I have speedwerxs pipe silencer,v force reeds, and 73 gram weights and its still great on fuel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pull the skid plate, its just as easy as pulling the carbs off. Just pull the drain in the middle of the carb and stick a 5.5mm socked up there with a swivel on it. Only takes a few minutes.

·
Administrator
19,876 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jokeman @ Nov 24 2009, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Pull the skid plate, its just as easy as pulling the carbs off. Just pull the drain in the middle of the carb and stick a <strike>5.5</strike> 6mm socked up there with a swivel on it. Only takes a few minutes.[/b]
Pulling the skidplate and getting at it from bottom (with sled on it's side) is easiest method (try doing between 4-5 a day along with the other "updates" they had) on top of fully prepping and studding :bang:
It helps to lightly pinch off fuel line with a small clamp or hemostats as close to carbs as possible as it can continue to trickle gas and make things messy for you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts