Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2003 F7 calls for a 3005-381 and the 2004 F7 calls for a 3006-692. Does anyone know why. Did they change the mounting location and use a different coil in 2004 or is it just a number thing. I need a coil for a 2003 and found one from a 2004 but noticed the 2004 has a different part number. I know the ZR's from about 1999 and firecats for 2003 along with mountain cats and ZR's through 2006 all take the same coil. Strange! Please help fast with this one. Auction is ending soon!.....Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Whats the answer?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (greensled @ Jan 2 2007, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Whats the answer?[/b]

I knew the curiosity would get the best of someone, but not you greensled! :super_happy: Just messin with ya greensled.
The only difference I found was the plug in for the 2 wires. For some reason it appears Cat used the same coil but changed the plug end from the bullet type to a 2 prong plug after 2003. If I'm wrong on this I'm open for correction.
I know one thing! When the new coil gets here I'm mounting it in a different location! What a stupid place for a coil! And I have a concern for the amount of heat that may affect it's life being so close to the exhaust can.

WE NEED SNOW! surrend

1 - 4 of 4 Posts