Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went on a 60 mile ride last night and blew out both the front shocks the left more than the right. the sled has 2500 miles on it i bought it used so i dont know if they ever have been rebuilt or not. about 5 miles frome home the engine light was flashing so i shut it off for about ten minutes or so drove it the rest of the way home and about a block away the engine light started flashing again it ran fine with the light on. I also noticed it had extreme ice buildup on the out sides of the tunnel looking almost like it was comming from under the seat it was about 10 below zero when we got home from the ride. could someone please help i dont know much about these new guys i just upgraded from a 97 zrt 800.

·
Registered
514 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spoodog @ Mar 6 2007, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
went on a 60 mile ride last night and blew out both the front shocks the left more than the right. the sled has 2500 miles on it i bought it used so i dont know if they ever have been rebuilt or not. about 5 miles frome home the engine light was flashing so i shut it off for about ten minutes or so drove it the rest of the way home and about a block away the engine light started flashing again it ran fine with the light on. I also noticed it had extreme ice buildup on the out sides of the tunnel looking almost like it was comming from under the seat it was about 10 below zero when we got home from the ride. could someone please help i dont know much about these new guys i just upgraded from a 97 zrt 800.[/b]
Are they FOX FLOATS?, if so how much PSI do you have in them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes they are fox float shocks i ordered a pump kit today the guy i bought the sled from said he only had 60 pounds in them. he never gave me a book or anything with the sled so this is all new to me. i drove it three times before this but it was 30 degrees out side and all was fine. there is 2500 miles on the sled and the guy at fox i talked to today said they should'nt be bad yet. the left side of the sled sits about 2 inches lower than the right, how can i test the psi without the pump kit.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Not sure how to check the air pressure. The engine light will flash when the engine coolant starts to get hot. Then when it gets too hot the coolant light will come on. Usually it will start to get hot in low snow conditions. The ice buildup is coming from under the seat. The tunnel has some stamped out holes where they bend the tunnel from the factory and the melted snow gets in there and runs down the side. Also the seam between the rear heat exchanger and the tunnel also leaks and the water runs down the sides and freezes. I took off my seat and cleaned the areas real good and used a good industrial silicone sealant to seal everything up and it worked great. Now I have no more ice coming down the sides.

·
Registered
514 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spoodog @ Mar 6 2007, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yes they are fox float shocks i ordered a pump kit today the guy i bought the sled from said he only had 60 pounds in them. he never gave me a book or anything with the sled so this is all new to me. i drove it three times before this but it was 30 degrees out side and all was fine. there is 2500 miles on the sled and the guy at fox i talked to today said they should'nt be bad yet. the left side of the sled sits about 2 inches lower than the right, how can i test the psi without the pump kit.[/b]
65 psi is minimum for the F7, says so in the float owners manual, I run 75lbs in mine no issues 2600 mile so far. Its a standerd inflation end on the float so you can measure it with pretty much and tire pressure gauge. If they are bad look into the Fett Brothers suspension kits, they can do a full service or even a upgrade to your sled. Thats on my list for this summer. :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the help my kit and book should be here by the end of the week. i also noticed that my shocks are upsidedown compared to yours and i even looked on the cat website at new 05 and mine are not the same my airvalves are on the bottom. should i turn them over does that make a difference?

·
Registered
215 Posts
My 05 F6 std. had a problem with the temp light seeming to come on when there appeared to be no problem. I was riding in good snow conditions and cold weather conditions and it would just come on. At the same time my sled didn't want to idle very good and would sometimes just die. I took it to the dealer and they said the water temperature sensor was bad. After that was replaced I didn't have any more problems with that light coming on and it started idling fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts