Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone was in need of some help. i have an 03 f7 with dd 800 kit twin pipes, y pipe, fuel controller. the temps are low here but my temp light flashes at me every once in a while on trail. been riding with zr and crossfire 800r and they are fine. wondering if there is anything i can do to keep temps down. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The -07 had earley "pre-hot warning". I think it was flashing before it switched to steady light. The flashing was just to warn you that soon it migh become hot. When it changed to steady light it was hot and needed a cool down :) Dont remember the temperatures. If it's running lean of fuel it will become hotter, maybe you could adjust it to get some more fuel with the controller? Your local dealer should be able to tell you if i remember correctly and also the temperatures

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
If I remember correctly the temp flases when the water temp reaches 180 degrees, it is solid at 190.

If you did not upgrade your coolant bottle/hoses on your 03 to the 0-06 coolant bottle/hoses the 03F7 with a big bore will run hotter than it should. BMP/D&D/Speedwerx/Priceless use to sell this as an upgrade kit for any 03 owners going to a big bore.

·
Registered
520 Posts
check the basics first: coolant level. is there a bubble in the system? is there adequate snow on the trails for cooling?

then i would move on to the coolant bottle upgrade. lastly, put some water wetter additive in the system, it will bring temps down some also.

·
Registered
299 Posts
check the basics first: coolant level. is there a bubble in the system? is there adequate snow on the trails for cooling?

then i would move on to the coolant bottle upgrade. lastly, put some water wetter additive in the system, it will bring temps down some also.
Thats right! Its a long procedure to properly bleed the F7

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info I bought the sled built like it is. Is there a way to tell if coolant bottle was done

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
If its an 03 F7, (EFI) the temp light isn't used, just the check engine light.

Is it the temp light blinking?

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Looked up the flash codes for ya.

1 Flash - Open or short circuit in throttle position sensor.
2 Flash - Open or short circuit in water temperature sensor.
3 Flash - Open or short circuit in intake air temperature sensor.
4 Flash - Open or short circuit in barometric pressure sensor.
5 Flash - Failure in injector(s).
6 Flash - Failure in servomotor.
Steady Flash - (600/700 cc) Coolant Temperature Above 80° C (176° F).
Constant On - (600/700 cc) Coolant Temperature Above 93° C (200° F).

·
Registered
377 Posts
Looked up the flash codes for ya.

Steady Flash - (600/700 cc) Coolant Temperature Above 80° C (176° F).
Constant On - (600/700 cc) Coolant Temperature Above 93° C (200° F).

are these #s the same for all 03-06 models? reason I ask is I have a stock 03 700 that never once gave me over heat warning the first 3 years I had it. The last two seasons it claims it runs hot alot. The only thing changed before the last season was the ecu reflash to '06...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Test your temp sensor make sure it's not faulty. Undo the yellow connector on the right side of the sled. Test it on ohms at cold and at temp, post your results. Maybe your sled is running ok but you readings are out of range

1 - 15 of 15 Posts