Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a 2006 f7. It's the end of the season so I'm going to spend my summer getting in shape for next year. The sled has 2300 miles on it. Does anyone know how long the clutches usually last? I don't ride trails often in SD, it's mostly ditch-bangin and fields. Is it worth it to just have a new primary put in before season or should it still have quite a few miles left in it? Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I just recently bought a 2006 f7. It's the end of the season so I'm going to spend my summer getting in shape for next year. The sled has 2300 miles on it. Does anyone know how long the clutches usually last? I don't ride trails often in SD, it's mostly ditch-bangin and fields. Is it worth it to just have a new primary put in before season or should it still have quite a few miles left in it? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Depends on how its maintained. If it has been taken care of it wi last just like everything. If its been neglected it may be best to get a new one. Have someone you trust check it over real good.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The secondary is where you will have problems . The motor flexs more and more as the mounts weaken . This causes bushings in the moveable sheave to wear . A harder durometer motor mount like in the sno pro [ solid ] or the crossfire [ my choice ] will greatly improve the life of your secondary . By 2000 miles I had already replaced a secondary.

I am originally from Florence .

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
You can buy rebuild parts for your primary. As far as your secondary...if you take the helix and spring off it will be very obvious if your sheave bushing is baked. If so i'd go with the HD secondary from BDX.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Put new weight bushings and pins in it every year and go if it don't have the set screw pins. I had over 9,000 miles on my 2003 f7 clutches when I sold it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.