Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I seen you guys say loosen your limiter straps and remove the coupling blocks. I was just wondering what they were? I have a pretty good idea but am not positive.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
They would be the (probably) black plastic triangle shaped blocks at the back of the rear suspension arms....depending on what hole they are mounted in, allows the rear suspension to give...Remove them. The straps are at the front of the rear skid...and...look like straps. Loosen them. Then get on the back of sled and give er!

·
Team ArcticChat
6,971 Posts
They would be the (probably) black plastic triangle shaped blocks at the back of the rear suspension arms....depending on what hole they are mounted in, allows the rear suspension to give...Remove them. The straps are at the front of the rear skid...and...look like straps. Loosen them. Then get on the back of sled and give er!
Do not remove triangles!!

·
Team ArcticChat
6,971 Posts
Once I get home first thing I'll do is take a picture. I know where the straps are but Im not positive about the blocks. I think I know what you are talking About but not positive
The last bolt before the rear bogey wheels. They're square rubber blocks the rear suspension will hit when compressed.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Dont remove the limiter straps......you can loosen the straps but if ya take them completely out youll prob pull the rear, front shock out. My straps broke while I was riding, I was doing a wheelie, next time around I did another one and bangg the bolt snapped that was holding the shock in place. .....I have a video of it hapenin, ha its kinda sweet!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dont remove the limiter straps......you can loosen the straps but if ya take them completely out youll prob pull the rear, front shock out. My straps broke while I was riding, I was doing a wheelie, next time around I did another one and bangg the bolt snapped that was holding the shock in place. .....I have a video of it hapenin, ha its kinda sweet!
Post the video! And I'm not gonna remove the straps only goin to loosen them. I am Goin to remove the blocks however.

·
Registered
694 Posts
:needpics:i mean the vid!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Like Rlsnopro said, its the SQUARE 2" block right in front of your rear idler wheels...its bolted to the skid rail with one single allen bolt; to be more specific, its directly behind the track tension adjuster bolt...one on each side. You will understand how it works when you look at it. I prevents the suspension from collapsing at the back and transfers weight to the front.

Do not remove the triangular blocks like that other guy said. Thats for spring preload...LOL

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like Rlsnopro said, its the SQUARE 2" block right in front of your rear idler wheels...its bolted to the skid rail with one single allen bolt; to be more specific, its directly behind the track tension adjuster bolt...one on each side. You will understand how it works when you look at it. I prevents the suspension from collapsing at the back and transfers weight to the front.

Do not remove the triangular blocks like that other guy said. Thats for spring preload...LOL
Awesome! Then I should just have to lean back and open it up and she should lift off eh?? I can lift it now if I go over a hill and open it up. Lol not impressive. I wana be able to stand it up and walk it for screwin around. I know it will handle terrible but I don't mind.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yup, you guys are right...I am trying to do it from memory....the rear block....not triangle try this link for the picture #22
OEM Parts

Should be the same block on your as it was on mine....its square...not triangle...my bad.:huh:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Actually the handling isnt really that bad...i took mine out and i like it! Not sure if its just me, but it actually feels like the suspension is smoother and has more travel...could be just me though. As for ski lift in the trails, it will only lift if i want it too...if im in the trails, i can keep my ski's planted no problem...

I have a 1.25 lug, and i can wheelie that thing straight up in the air...sometimes it feels like it will come right over and flip backwards. Its all about traction..

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thats Right...part # 22 in the diagram that firecat5540 posted...

·
Registered
544 Posts
If you set it up for weight transfer its going to otherwise handle like crap. If you want wheelies get a dirtbike IMO

Its either one or the other. You wont have any ski pressure

Not hating but it compromises the suspension.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts