Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone provide a photo showing the proper power valve orientation in the engine. My son removed mine trying to help and I am not sure which way they go back in. This might be a stupid question and my AC service manual doesnt show which way is correct.

·
Registered
51 Posts
"The long side of the exhaust valve must be facing toward the cylinder head or severe engine damage will occur" My manual doesn't have a good picture either.

·
Registered
514 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nunavut_Crossfire @ Jan 9 2007, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I believe they only fit one way....I haven't taken mine out since the end of last season so if I'm wrong don't :Bangin: me please .....[/b]
When you take out the set bolt they will go either way, if you dont disisemble the APV assembaly your right they will onl;y go in one way.

·
Registered
703 Posts
while this topic is up again, how exactly do you remove the valve from the cable? I Ended up cleaning mine over the engine. Stupid i know, but couldnt figure it out.

·
Registered
514 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (F_ast @ Jan 10 2007, 07:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
while this topic is up again, how exactly do you remove the valve from the cable? I Ended up cleaning mine over the engine. Stupid i know, but couldnt figure it out.[/b]
The way I did it was to just to seperate the two housings and then you will find a torx/allen bolt that goes thru the valve, just remove that bolt and it will slide right out. The bigest pain is getting it back in, the end of the cable seems to keep it from sliding all the way in, I used a right angle pick tool to hold the cable assembaly while I slid the bolt back through the hole.

·
Registered
703 Posts
thanks Pickle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts