Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! Had an awesome weekend snowmobiling. Weather was beautiful, sun was out and the trails were GREAT! I finally stretched the legs of my sled for the first time. I've got just over 600 miles on it now and have been taking it easy, making sure to break in the motor and not wanting to over do anything. We had a nice long straight stretch that was so unbelievably smooth and how can you not ask for more and more when faced with that. I wasn't hooking up all the time as it was warm out and the trail was somewhat soft, but I hit 99 mph on my sled. Pretty much full throttle, but not quite. Still a bit left and again, not fully hooking up. I could feel the track spinning.

I'm just curious as to what everyone out there is getting out of their F6 Sno Pro's. Stock. No mods to the motor, stock track from the manufacturer. I have no picks, nothing. So I'm curious. I personally think that's pretty darn good for an F6, but I don't really know what they should get. It's not a concern in the sense that I need more speed, like 100 mile an hour isn't fast enough. Really. Just curious though where the F6's are running.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
that seems right, not all f6's will run exactly the same, some stock ones may beat others but that speed is right on.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (F6 monster @ Mar 5 2007, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
that seems right, not all f6's will run exactly the same, some stock ones may beat others but that speed is right on.[/b]
That's great to know. I know I wasn't at it's absolute FASTEST as I was slipping and I wasn't completely against the handle bar, but I know I was pretty much there. In perfect conditions with a hard track I'm sure I'll get a few more miles, but nothing more. I'm pleased with that though because I think for a 600, that's pretty good. Besides, like I said before....like 100 mile an hour isn't fast enough. Cat happy

Here's something interesting though. My buddy was on his '07 Polaris IQ 750 FST and he said he was throttle to the handle bar and he got 102 mph out of his sled. He's also got 100 pound on me, but I was told actually by a few dealers that my F6 would give those IQ FST's a run for their money. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
215 Posts
My 05 F6 std. did about 101 or 102 on good hard pack. That was with the 1" lug track. I just put the 1.375" sno-pro track on Saturday but haven't been on a good hard pack to get accurate numbers yet. Not sure if I will this season. I read on a website that the 2005 F6 is geared to go 105. So your 06 should be very close to that.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My 05 F6 standard ran 107 on a plowed ice track with BMO pipe mod and ODS CK. My brother on a stock 05 F6 SnoPro was running just over 100 he said.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
if you wanna go a lil faster, ODS clutch kit is the way to go according to a lot of guys on here, i'm satisfied with my speedwerx kit though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nah.....I don't need anymore speed out of it. I figured though that I would probably run at about 102 on the perfect hard packed surface. That's plenty good enough. I think these 600's are rockets.

thumbguy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts