Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys please does anyone know if you are able to send ECU's to Cat for reflashing/reburning?? cant get an answer from them clowns we must have the worst customer svc of any maker in the buiz I dunno? any info greatly appreciated
THNX happy holidays :sos:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok more info available on my turd we purchased from upstate NY at this point i now know that from the first start and ride of the day as long as i dont shut off the sled i can ride it without having the CEL flash but as soon as i shut the sled down after its warmed up upon restart under the first hard acceleration it will again kick the servo motor code.... i have read somewhere about others who experienced this, and who were using some type of a resistor or diode that would bleed off this signal from whatever to keep sled from kicking Lite and limp mode, however none of this changes the fact that i now own a $4000 sled that has a $1600 bad ECU that arctic cat will no doubt tell me to shove up my A$$ when asked if they will replace it... oddly enough this sleds ECU was recalled late in 2006 and the campaign was performed on this box on Feb. 22, 2007 at the dealer and as this JOKER'S luck would have it this sled has had less than 300 miles put on it since that date according to the previous owner...HMMMM.....wonder if they fried my box when the update was done?????

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
IM SUPPOSE YOU HAVE CLEANED YOUR VALVES AND CHECK THE CABLE LENGTH AND CHECKED THE PLUG TO THE SERVO AND ALL THE WIRES ALL THAT GOOD STUFF,EMAIL DAN AT ODS I THINK HE COULD SEND IT IN FOR YA,THERE IS USALLY A PROBLEM SOMEWHERE I WOULD CHECK AND DOUBLE CHECK BEFORE YOU DO THAT JUST MY OPINION Cat happy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response my cousin and i actually replaced the servomotor itself, the voltage regulator(as advised by d&d), tested the voltage coming out of stator, and all but completely disasembled the sled completely removing the tank to check all the wiring going to servo for rubbed thru wiring and found nothing, only after doing all that on a trip to NY in our motels garage, by the way the guys up at the ridgeview motor lodge in lowville are the absolute best in the buissness they are the type of people that help continue to make this sport really what it should be all about, they would give you the shirt off their back to help you out of a jam, when arrived back home in pa we were able to borrow buddys 05 sabrecat 600 ecu and viola what do you know the sled runs like a champ.... so that is the only real way we knew we had a problem in the little black box....i will say on a side note that arctic cat is basically telling us the when we purchase one of these sleds from new that all but 1/5th of the price of these things goes to pay for one of these ECU's!?!?!?! $1600 for a replacement ecu is absolutely absurd... i happen to be an small independent auto dealer by trade and even in the automotive world that is an astronomical price. Anyway all that said and yesterday finally got ahold of acat and they had me overnite ecu for a reflash and they are going to try and have it back to me sometime right after christmas(soonerthebetter) as we have trips planned going into end of year!! Cat happy thanks merry christmas

PS WHATS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SANTA CLAUS' AND TIGER WOODS?

Santa stops at three HO's.... Ho Ho Ho!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts