Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need your guys opinion on something. I have a chance to get either an 2006 F6 sno pro or a 2006 F5 sno pro.I have heard positives on both but I have also heard the F5 is better because of the awesome engine in it. I kind of got turned away by the fact that the F5 is not EFI. I just dont know. The price range is only a few hundred bucks difference.What one should I get???????

I dunno I dunno I dunno

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would say the f6 because the EFI and you will have a bit more power for the powder. I have also heard that the f5 has a sweet engine but the difference will be hard to notice out on the trail unless you are a very experienced rider. I would take the f6, i think in the long run you will find your self a much happier rider!

·
Premium Member
4,355 Posts
if you can get the 6 cheap go for it... i love my F5 but in a race against my friends on their F6's unless I use my n2o my buddies pull away after a few hundred feet... with the n2o i can kill them though :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I never road an F-6 but I've had an 03 F-7 efi and my wife had her 03 F-5. Both are great sleds I think the F-5 handled a little better than the 7. The power for both sleds is good, of course the 7 would kill the 5 in a race. I assume that the F-6 would be the same...However, I really enjoy the F-5 as I like the smaller displacement for the type of riding I do, tight trails it's a blast to keep up with the bigger sleds on a little 500. Sometimes on an F-7 if you nail the gas to early in a corner and you hook up good you can lose a little steering control. With the F-5 it's a little more forgiving in that area. Not sure how the F-6 would be? If price isn't a concern I'd go with the F-6 as it will have more power and the EFI is sweat.....If cat would make a 500 efi motor that would be awesum....Oooops I guess they do make a 500 efi. I ment one with around 110 hp power valves ect.....not the 80 hp power one they have now.....Anyway thats my .02 probably doesnt help but I was bored......

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would easily take the F6 over the F5. For the few added horses and the little extra cash, get something you can really enjoy and won't feel bored with in a year or two. Bigger is better is the rule I choose to live by as long as cash allows. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts