Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping for a sled for the kid when he gets back from Korea to go sledding next year. I was thinking of a good sled for a non-sledder type. He hasn't ridden and some other buddies that may go with hadn't ridden a sled before so i thought speed and handling are definitely not on a list of things as well as cooling. So I thought I'd just get a Fan cooled for a sled for them how are the F570's any issues?

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
I've never heard or read a bad thing about the 570's. I think you know already the 570 in the Twin Spar chassis would be the ideal sled for a beginner. Not enough HP to blow up clutches, simple to work on if needed. Two minutes to change plugs, so much room and a rider position that's comfortable. I can't comment on being under powered in an F570 chassis as I'm pushing a 800 lb Bearcat XT with my 570. It lacks it sometimes and can be a pig on gas.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 660, you know, till you mentioned that now that I think about it, of all the sleds you DON'T read about much on this forum is the F570

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Problem with not reading about them is either they are great motors or very few sleds were sold with that motor. Mind you the motor has been around since 02.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Howdy, I bought a 2013 F570 in October 2019 as a spare for family and friends to use. It had 9000+ km's on it when I bought it. Did some minor maintenance, fuel filter, DD oil, grease. Also had to put a starter motor on it. (bad drive). We put about 1000km's on it this winter. Clutch engagement nice and low and smooth. Still working on some darting issues, not too bad but more than I'd like to see for inexperienced drivers. There is a minor oil leak around the carbs that I have not been able to find. My biggest complaint would be oil and fuel mileage is worse than my 2015 El Tigre 6000. I am looking to sell this one and buy a T570 for next winter. I would not hesitate to recommend a sled with a 570.

Cheers

Greg

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Howdy, I bought a 2013 F570 in October 2019 as a spare for family and friends to use. It had 9000+ km's on it when I bought it. Did some minor maintenance, fuel filter, DD oil, grease. Also had to put a starter motor on it. (bad drive). We put about 1000km's on it this winter. Clutch engagement nice and low and smooth. Still working on some darting issues, not too bad but more than I'd like to see for inexperienced drivers. There is a minor oil leak around the carbs that I have not been able to find. My biggest complaint would be oil and fuel mileage is worse than my 2015 El Tigre 6000. I am looking to sell this one and buy a T570 for next winter. I would not hesitate to recommend a sled with a 570.

Cheers

Greg
thanks for that, doesn't sound too bad at all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts