Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was taking my wifes F5 out of the garage tonight after putting on the reg #`s and putting it in the shed so I could bring my daughters in to put the #`s on and when I got to the shed the machine was idleing high, about 3300 and when I turned the bars all the way to the right it quit. Brought it back in the garage took the pod off and noticed some zip ties around the throttle cable, so I cut them off and put the pod back on. Got back out to the shed, same thing, idled high and quit again. Gonna call the dealer tomm. Just curious if anyone knows of this and what is wrong and the cure,
Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
691 Posts
Did you look near the handlebars and steering post if by chance it's rubbing something.....a wire component or hose by chance.....just a thought!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Make sure there's a little play between the throttle and throttle block. If there isn't, the throttle safety switch may be engaging when you turn the bars all the way to the right. Also, make sure there is no binding in the throttle cable and that the cable housing is seated completely into the throttle block. I had changed some of the plastic panels on my new F and accidentally pulled the throttle cable housing out of the block by about a 1/4 inch. It ran intermittently for about 30 miles and then quit and wouldn't restart. After re-seating the cable it ran great and still is at 800 miles. It sounds like you're binding or adjusted too tight.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, Im gonna go out and check it out right now, I know its gotta be something simple, just a matter of finding it. bang your head
Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mine started doing the same thing but only at a 1000 miles and it was after I took a big jump and it was the cable that was not inserted properly.Fixed it on the side of the trail in Alma Quebec at -40.lots of fun.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I pulled slightly on the throttle lever end of the cable (away from throttle lever) and I could feel the cable go back into its "seat" in the throttle lever block. Started it up and it was fine, moved the bars back and forth numerous times and it didnt do it again. How do you prevent this from happening again?
Thanks,
Craig

1 - 8 of 8 Posts