Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for some help my brothers 2007 F5 back fires after restart (fuel stop, smoke break on trail) , iam thinking axcess fuel in cylinders, is there a ecu remaping on that model, he's probably going to take it in to the dealer just thought I might get a better idea of what it is on here thank for any information u can give

·
Registered
232 Posts
A friend of mine had to rent one while on a trip a few weeks ago, and it did the same thing...... LOUD too !! We couldn't seem to figure out why, but this sled had over 9000 miles on it, so we thought maybe it was just getting tired. It did go through injection oil like we could'nt beleive. Over a gallon in 300 miles !! But it always back fired when starting after being warm.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yup, it had a full tank of oil when he picked it up at the rental place, and we checked it periodically throughout the weekend and put more than 4 quarts of oil (Amsoil HP Injector), he's an Amsoil Dealer, in it. We were thinkin the rental place richened up the pump to keep the engine from grenading in the hands of inexperienced renters, but holy crap thats a TON of oil !! He had to return it with a full tank. He had brought his own oil, and ended up buying a quart at a Arctic Cat dealer near the rental shop. I dunno

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow thats a lot of oil, this sled has 1000 miles on it iam pretty sure it not burning that much but i guess i should check the oil ratio on it,i know i had to adjust that on my x fire, thanks for your help

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yes, check your pump calibration. And NEVER ride behind a sled burning as much oil as that rental did, although you could always see where you've been with the smoke trail, or die from breathing it in mile after mile. We will talk about that sled for years.:bleh:

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Do you let it idle down before shutting off?

And, wife's F-5 is terrible on oil too,
been trying to get it set back with cable adjustments.
Getting there but still need some more!

·
Registered
232 Posts
We would stop. and it would idle for a minute a two, and then shut it off, and it would backfire pretty much every time it was restarted. Other than the thirst for oil, and the shotgun blast when starting it that thing ran great actually.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts