Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First: Can my Broken thumb warmer wire touching together make my 2 high beam bulb bust at the same times... and then my 2 high beam at the same times than the speedometer???

I took off completely the wire from the plug..

Second: Can a too tight track make my F5 top at 8300Rpm instead of the regular 8500rpm i had... it happened at about the same times as my speedometer quited tho........

Getting closer to the solution i hope..
Just want to make sure it is that before buying new bulbs.
And fixing the speedometer if it's realy that...

Thanks

·
Registered
452 Posts
Your drive shaft bearing (behind the voltage regulator under the secondary) is probably toast. The magnet probably fell out getting crushed and helped take out the bearing. Get the rear of the sled up and wiggle the drive shaft to see if there is any movement. Also take off the voltage regulator and I'm sure the magnet is gone and your bearing is toast. Been there, done that.

As far as the lights, I don't know but when positive touches negative many things can go wrong. Your voltage regulator might be going out too. Again, been there, done that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i think it is the voltage regulator... when needed to install the ods clutch kit, we found the clutch was totally stuck on the shaft... even after penetrating oil for a week and torch to heat it... it was just totally stuck.. finally needed to cut the clutch and get an other one on ebay... and maybe all the process to take it out with an iron bar..might have damaged the voltage regulator that is just behind the clutch... i think i heard a weird sound when i was full throtle on a road... and the RPM dropping to 8300rpm has probably happened there.. but it was the end of the ride.. and got home before noticing...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your drive shaft bearing (behind the voltage regulator under the secondary) is probably toast. The magnet probably fell out getting crushed and helped take out the bearing.
You were right the Bearing is totally destroyed.. and the wires from the voltage regulator.. were sawed by the clutch.....

Gonna get a new bearing... and rewire the cutted one......
probably get a new voltage regulator too but i dont know if its not only the wire that made it blow my light bulbs..

Sure Got the lost of power from that bearing too.....

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Often when the bearing goes it has a tendency to bore a hole through the back of the regulator where the magnet is for the speedo. If that happened you are on the hook for a new regulator too...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Often when the bearing goes it has a tendency to bore a hole through the back of the regulator where the magnet is for the speedo. If that happened you are on the hook for a new regulator too...
The Magnet was still in place. kind of stuck into the grease.
the shaft was totally out of axe tho. the back of the voltage regulator seems fine. The bearing busting was my lack of power going down to 8300 instead of 8500rpm was probably when i heard that weird sound going full speed on the road. since it was out of axe i guess it was not reading anymore.... and the cutted wire was probably what was making my bulbs blow prior to the lack of power problem..

i quited riding it so theres not so much damage i guess.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyway thank you for the help. i'm starting to know this sled a lot LOL.. The person who had it before realy never took care of it..
But got the problems fixed now.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Anyway thank you for the help. i'm starting to know this sled a lot LOL.. The person who had it before realy never took care of it..
But got the problems fixed now.
Happens a lot guys beat the snot out of em sled quits so it goes into the shop and they whine when he shop tells them its gonna cost what the sled is worth to fix it. So they sell it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts