Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my new 1000SP last spring and have patiently waited for the first snowfall. Aroostook County, Maine finally got snow and I trailored my new sled 400 miles with my son with his new firecat and we were off. 10 miles into the trail, we stopped and the sled wouldn't start. It was running too lean. After several pulls, finally started and we were off. After 37 miles, sled was running beautiful. Handles great!! Awesome in the bumps, and then....sled slopped. IT WAS DEAD!!!!!!!Towed to Washburn Club House, members were fantastic and helped us load sleds, and drove us back to Portage. Sled is in Caribou, needs new piston and can. bang your head 5x

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Sorry about your misfortune...Since you mentioned..."needs new piston and can". Wondering what's up with the can ?. I dunno

·
Registered
253 Posts
By can he proly means the jug... :thumbsup:
Sorry to hear your misfortune with your new sled

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scratched the jug, and yes, I did have mods: a Y pipe, reeds, SLP breather, too much air and not enough fuel. Installing boondocker which should have been recomended by dealer.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Sorry to hear it went down.

Is it @ Plourde & Plourde... Chris is a good mechanic. He'll take care of you. Is he also installing the boondocker for you?

I am curious ... How are the trails? I heard they are grooming from Caribou up.

I'm finally heading north next week. Hope to get some miles.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Sno Pilot, I'm surprised to learn Plourde's got AC dealership in Caribou. My maternal grandma's maiden name's Plourde and my mom was born in Caribou also. Wondering if they're related or not ?. Maybe I should start doing some researching cuz both of them are deceased. Got nobody to ask except for my mother's brothers as they all live out of New York State.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
if you think about adding mods to your sleds guys this is the way it is, you add anything to you motor even just the y pipe you are flowing more air and need more fuel or will blow the motor by leaning it out you have to do it all or nothing or sit on the side of the trail waiting for a tow, more air flow from stock needs more fuel, did you think that getting 12 more hps was going to be just $150.00 not you have to buy the other stuff to make it happin to make it run right and make it last, its the same as drag racing like i have been doing for 30 years adding headers to a race motor to make it right you have to go up in jet sizes there for the boondocker box is what makes fuel flow am i right, and remember about changing air box to flow more, same thing more fuel, trust me guys i don,t sell this stuff and have nothing to gain by telling you anything, but i know we paid alot of money to ride these sleds and they are no fun sitting in the barn, so listin to what the pros tell you like i see 1 guy on hear with the dyno runs he would be the 1 to tell you what you have to do in makeing the mods right anyway keep it moving and have fun

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
F1000's, run just fine with Y and air mod, they are extremely rich on top from factory, I will bet it is another case of air in the cooling system. Just my opinion but we are running F's with mods and they are still rich>

·
Registered
942 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticBoy @ Jan 21 2007, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sno Pilot, I'm surprised to learn Plourde's got AC dealership in Caribou. My maternal grandma's maiden name's Plourde and my mom was born in Caribou also. Wondering if they're related or not ?. Maybe I should start doing some researching cuz both of them are deceased. Got nobody to ask except for my mother's brothers as they all live out of New York State.[/b]

I honestly don't know... my wife (Michaud - Maiden Name) is related to the Berniers, Cyrs, Michauds, etc. from Grand Falls and St. Leonard. One cousin I believe owns and does the snowmobile drags and mud runs in Grand Falls. Another cousin (Blond Bernier) plays music in the area.

Anyway, if you dropped it off @ Plourde's the mechanic is awesome. He is the one who took the time to calibrate and eventually changed my oil pump under warranty on my 06 EB XF 700.

I will be riding in Houlton, then Sinclair, Madawaska from 1/25 to 2/4 and in Caribou on 2/10-2/18 if your interested in hooking up for a ride. Give me a PM and I'll forward a Cell # how you can reach me.

For that matter if you see me on the trails... I'll be the short fat guy in a new orange MC coat riding a 07 XF 1000 standard. I may be riding in one of 3 different groups...

(2) ZR 900s w/ the kids
(1) + T660 buddy
or with my wife on a black 01 600 LE ESR.

If you notice me on the trails or pit stop, flag me down...

Anyway LOL with the repairs. :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
942 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ODS Dan @ Jan 21 2007, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If it is Plourde.. Tell them to call me.. if you need a BD box etc..
Dan[/b]

If I see Anson (sp?), Bob, or Chris... I'll mention the above as well if you'd like.

BTW... How'd you do at the snodeo in Rangley? Speed runs, etc. Did the trails hold up to all of the traffic?

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gil @ Jan 21 2007, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I ordered my new 1000SP last spring and have patiently waited for the first snowfall. Aroostook County, Maine finally got snow and I trailored my new sled 400 miles with my son with his new firecat and we were off. 10 miles into the trail, we stopped and the sled wouldn't start. It was running too lean. After several pulls, finally started and we were off. After 37 miles, sled was running beautiful. Handles great!! Awesome in the bumps, and then....sled slopped. IT WAS DEAD!!!!!!!Towed to Washburn Club House, members were fantastic and helped us load sleds, and drove us back to Portage. Sled is in Caribou, needs new piston and can. bang your head 5x[/b]
yea gill, let me guess, did it happen on the beds up there riding alot at the same rpm around 4000 to 4500 rpm because that is the worst rpm to run any sled thats where it the leanest on and off the throttle is better for the motor than staying the same rpm down the road i hear new mapping going to happen from cat to keep it from happing from others

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes it happend just that way on 90 out of portage heading to washburn and was runing at about 45-5000 with burst to 6000-6500 and thats how it happend lots of fun.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Once you get the sled fixed you should head up to madawaska for the international snowmobile festival. Feb 2-4. Its a great time and for $30 you get to ride in canada all 3 days and get some free meals too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My friend Gerald down the road from me got around 150 miles on f-1000 and bearing let go.It took out both piston and jugs.I don't like first year sleds and never buy them till bugs are worked out.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I don't want to hijack the post ... I posted under 2007 XF 1000... ups & downs...

Here is the short of it... Mine went down with 24.1 miles and then again at 360 + or - miles. The ECU was forwarded to AC for the upgrade. It was not ready for the initial ride. Also, a faulty fuel pump caused the initial burn down not the ECU. It only produced 20 PSI and it should of been 42-47 PSI. I was also riding in -22* (1st trip) and the 6* (2nd trip).

Gil how is your sled running now? I am catching up on reading posts. Anyone running their sleds with the new programming yet?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts