Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I stopped at the locat Cat dealer today and they had a bunch of leftover 08 F1000 std and LXR's for $7399 for the std and $7699 for the LXR. If I did anything it would be the LXR. Anyone have any information to share on this sled. I guess my main concerns would be is it a decent trail riding sled or more of a lake racer? Is it a lot heavier than the 600's or 800's? What kind of MPG could be expected with the big engine? And what would the reliability be like with this engine?

My 600's really have all the power that I need, but I would consider bigger if the deal is right and I am not giving up reliability, rideability, and fuel mileage.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i have an 07 f10, but i hear the 08s are way better, unfortunately fuel economy is thrown out the window!!! im at about 7 miles a gallon but i am a extremely aggressive rider, the ride is the best since sliced white bread, im a taller guy 6'5" and my knees dont hit the handle bars, the seat adjustment is nice to, my back dont hurt after pounding 300 miles of trails in a day. driveabillity is SUPPOSE to be good on the 08s that is what everyone is saying, but i think your dealer has a little room to move on the 08s 7699 isnt to bad but is that out the door or + tax and all that jazz??

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have an 08 sno pro. I see 10 to 14mpg, usually 11-12mpg. If you drive without getting into the power valve, the milage is significantly better. The power valve opens around 70mph.

I had to turn the oil pump down. Now I can go about 400mi before it needs oil.

It is an awsome sled to drive big miles! Don't let your buddies drive it, you won't get it back... I've had no reliability isses in 2800mi.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts