Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running an '07 F1000 and am adding the D&D Y-pipe and 4 Bullseyes. Can I run this setup safely without using the Boondocker?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I rode 221 trouble fee miles this past Sunday with ddypipe and sw intake with 87 octane(no boondocker). This was done after the reflash, seemed to still be plenty fat enough at all rpm ranges, I held this sled steady at all rpm ranges for miles, no issues with mine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ski-cat @ Feb 28 2007, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am running an '07 F1000 and am adding the D&D Y-pipe and 4 Bullseyes. Can I run this setup safely without using the Boondocker?[/b]
Yep run her just like that. 1200 miles on mine and not even a hic-up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tom F7 @ Feb 28 2007, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ski-cat @ Feb 28 2007, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am running an '07 F1000 and am adding the D&D Y-pipe and 4 Bullseyes. Can I run this setup safely without using the Boondocker?[/b]
[/b][/quote]
Tomf7 were you running 87 octane as well? Have you had your ecu reprogrammed yet?

·
Registered
83 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (erskin @ Feb 28 2007, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tom F7 @ Feb 28 2007, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ski-cat @ Feb 28 2007, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
Tomf7 were you running 87 octane as well? Have you had your ecu reprogrammed yet?
[/b][/quote]

I'm running 93 octane.......ecu will not be reprogrammed, sled is finally running the way a 1000 cc should. I'm not going to give AC the chance to the performance up with a ecu remap.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys....I'll give it a shot with no Boondocker. I also purchased the D&D clutch kit for the Y-pipe and Bullseyes. Has anybody lined up against a MachZ 1000 with this setup?

·
Registered
13 Posts
skidoo mach z cant touch a f1000 with y pipe and bulls ,,,, you only need to add the boondocker when adding the [email protected] pipes they need more fuel upstairs but then you have to reclutch also ,,,overall not worth it,,

·
Registered
83 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (erskin @ Apr 17 2007, 08:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (muendel @ Apr 15 2007, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TomF7
Did you try 87 or did you go right to 93 after adding the y-pipe and bulls-eye?[/b]
Ran mine all season with those mods and 87 octane, no issues after 1500 miles.
[/b][/quote]

No I did not try 89 octane.......pretty much run the UP and everywhere up there seems to have 93.
I did however just pick up a boondocker for the sled.......so that will go on this fall before season starts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts