Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed & reinstalled their throttle bodies? I have taken them out by removing the rubber boot on the airbox. Now that rubber boot is kicking my a$$- it appears that I may have to pull the air box. I have the throttlebodies installed, I just can't get that rubber boot in... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
98 Posts
two bolts and nuts where you left knee hits the plastic as your sitting on the sled, remove the computer two nuts holding that on, behind the computer is one bolt holding the intake tube on, gently pry out on the plastic trim peice that runs down to your bumper make sure the garage is warm so the plastic dont crack then take the intake tube out you have to move it in all kinds of directions but it will come off,then the air box is literally just setting there, of course if your changing the throttle bodies than the pipe and proly the y pipe may have to come off for access let me no if you have anymore troubles

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it. Thanks! Yeah it was a project. Remove; console assembly, pipe, spar cover, ecu, loosen oil tank, 1 nut & bolt from intake tube, hood brace, front nose cone(no wonder these are heavy-it's a 5 pc system!). My favorite part about these new cats are the 8mm bolt heads with 10mm nuts... Anyways- it's done & now I could do it in a fraction of the time. Looking forward to riding!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts