Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just wanted to report what I have found with the new F100 SP. I have pit 330 miles on her in two short trips.

I should start by saying that I am the most UN brand loyal person in our group, so for those that would say he bleeds green, that is not the case. I purchased the F10 SP on a spring order ( always want to try the latest or newest I guess). I had owned a 2006 Yammi Attak and a 2005 Yammi warrior prior to the F10. No major issues with the Yammis, was happy and bought a Phazer this year as second bang around / guest sled.

Now for my views on the F10 SP.
Fit and finsh are not the best out there, but not the worst either. Overall happy with fit & Finish.
The skid and front clips are awsome. Handles the rough stuff better than anything i have rode, including riding buddys rev.
The adjustable seat and bars are great. I was a skeptical about these features, but find them usefull and comfortable.
Turning is far better than I expected, turns like it is on rails.Can you say flat thru turns.
Power is great, plenty of it.
Fuel milage is good IMHO (12.5 mpg for a 1000cc 2 cycle).
Fun factor is off the scale.

Rode for the first 200 miles bone stock. At 200 miles I installed the D&D Y pipe. Ran much stronger through the middle. I could pull my buddies F10 SP by about 4 ~5 sled lengths anytime from 20 mph thru 100 mph. No problems at all. My buddy and i swithched sleds, stock vs Y pipe and both of us could feel and see abig improvement with the pipe. I did not install the bulls eyes, Pipe, can, and boondocker yet. But will be doing that this coming week.

While this is only My results and opinions, I could not be happier with the F10 SP! Will it be the fastest out there? Dunno.Will it be the big cat chewing up the comp? Dunno. But I do know that those that underestimate the F10 SP will be supprised. All the sky is falling and they are melting motors post that are posted may or may not be true. But I have not saw one photo, dealer name, location, ect.. So based on MY hands on (not just the keyboard) rides as well as riding buddies twin sled I have to say it is more sled than I was expecting. Good job Arctic Cat! Have I turned green? No, but the fact is this is one hell of a sled.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Roy,

Thank you very much. Enjoyed reading your post it has been one of the best reports I have seen yet. I know I only have the F8 but I am sure that most everything is the same. I do have one questions and this is to clear things up with my buddy and myself. You installed the "Y Pipe" and did not change clutching correct? Do you feel the clutching needs to be changed or upgraded? I have not ridden mine yet because of the horrible weather we have been getting here in the NE USA.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rorischak @ Jan 4 2007, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Roy,

Thank you very much. Enjoyed reading your post it has been one of the best reports I have seen yet. I know I only have the F8 but I am sure that most everything is the same. I do have one questions and this is to clear things up with my buddy and myself. You installed the "Y Pipe" and did not change clutching correct? Do you feel the clutching needs to be changed or upgraded? I have not ridden mine yet because of the horrible weather we have been getting here in the NE USA.

Thanks for your help.

Bob[/b]

Bob,

I did not change the stock clutching. I plan to make that change with the other hop up mads. Keep in mind that I am just a guy tinkering with this toy. And 95% of my riding is trail (fast) riding. But in my opinion just adding the "Y" pipe works fine with the stock clutching. I would think that the more adders that are bolted on the stock clutching will not be correct. How much is that, I am not sure. I have ordered the D&D clutch kit as I am sure once all the hop up pats are on I will need it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Nice report Royster – thanks, and keep us posted on how she's working and what things you try that help to make it an even better sled! – Roy

·
Registered
691 Posts
Good info!!! Thanks alot....Can't wait to try out my beast when we finally get some white stuff!!!!! Got some of my parts in as well I'll break it in properly then do one part at a time to see the difference! :super_happy:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Great report, I have to agree on the ride and handeling. I only have about 140 miles on mine but already love the ride, best riding sled my ass has ever been on.
I wasnt real impressed with the out of the box power but I'm sure it will get better with break in. I couldnt wait so I installed the D+D Y pipe, Bullseyes, Pure Logic box and Dakota Perf. clutch kit and WOW what a difference. Royster, If you think it goes good with just the Y, wait till you finish the package. The add ons made a big difference all the way through, expecially in the mid range. I think mine is really going pretty well but am anxious to run it against some others to see if is good or I just think it is.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Royster & MbickFr7, any more reports on how the sleds are running? I've got over 300 miles on mine so far, and love the ride, but find the power to only be about the same, maybe slightly better than well set-up F7s, ESPECIALLY from a dead stop/drag race. Mine is still bone stock, but I've got the D&D y-pipe and Speedwerx stuff on the shelf, and would like to try SOMETHING with some clutching, but not sure who's got what at this point. My studs are only sticking up 3/8" - 7/16" over the lugs, and I'm now questioning whether that's even long enough to get what power that IS there, to the ground.

Any additional feedback/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks! – Roy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts