Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty quiet so far, thought there'd be a lot more noise on this topic. I have an F1000 that won't top end and was wondering what improvements or disappointments the reflash has brought.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just got my letter today, we are sending out three of our ECU's and are going away next weekend so should be able to tell you then. I am wondering if they actually do richen up the sled, can I now safely run my Y-Pipe and air intake???

·
Registered
15 Posts
Definately richer on low end and midrange, I will be now running a ypipe and intake with no worries at this point, if anything, these mods should clean up the sled some down low.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I rode my F1000 up at Old Forge last weekend. I ran into a guy that said his brothers F1000 would not top end. He said he found out that some F1000 came with a de-tuned box in it. Not sure how factual the information was.

Lakes where rough, so didn't get to try mine at those speeds. Doesn't feel much different than my F-7 for power.
Sled rides and handle Great though.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I don't know about the F1000 but the XF1000 remapping has not been that great at least with my sled. It's on it's 4th motor in 400 miles. The last remapp was so rich it turned the BP black with raw gas. Mileage went from 15 to 9. My XF came with a square box.... now they had my dealer install a triangle box and change the sticker to the square.

I spoke to the dealership tonight and AC has requested the most recent box to analize it. The original box was great except if you ran regular gas it was lean in the midrange and rich on the bottom end. My plugs were perfect at WOT. If you want info about ECUs, try contacting Houlton Powersports, they are a sponsor on the site. They have been back and forth with Brandon in Tech support from AC regarding my sled.

LOL with the F sleds.... I just want to give you a heads up.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
i hade mine done at 720 miles and did 250 more miles sence then and it is faster mid and top end. but seams to not have as good of idle when its cold. it loads up more at idle, but did not turn oil pump down yet either. but mid range is way better

·
Registered
128 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (catf1000s/p @ Feb 23 2007, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i hade mine done at 720 miles and did 250 more miles sence then and it is faster mid and top end. but seams to not have as good of idle when its cold. it loads up more at idle, but did not turn oil pump down yet either. but mid range is way better[/b]
Good to hear, was yours pretty strong before the remap?

·
Registered
942 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crock6 @ Feb 23 2007, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks for you input Sno Pilot. Hope to get mine mapped next week.[/b]
Hope it helps... I have learned a lot from all of the other posts with possible problems... I have heard of many sleds running fine. My sled has been extremely troublesome. As I said, I hope my input helps. I am still waiting to hear from AC / dealer.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
I just got my ECU back yesterday and will be heading to Old Forge today to try it. I'll let you know what the outcome is when i return on Tuesday.....Dave

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Well I just got back from Old Forge and I can tell you the sled is alot richer than it was. The mileage went from 15 MPG down to 11 MPG. I must say that it now idles well at cold starts. In mid range you can feel the motor is stronger but when you hold the throttle at like 6000 RPM's on the lake you have to open it up to clean it out. I did lose some MPH on to end with it. Last weekend I was at 107 MPH and this week it made 100 MPH but it was real strong getting there. I look at it this way, now that I have the fuel going to the motor and it's not going to burn down from being lean, I can now start putting air to the motor with Bullseyes or whatever to help correct it and then move on to the Y-Pipe. It's easier to put air to an injected motor than fuel. Maybe with this way of doing things I won't have to spend the money on a Boondocker yet. I'll be doing 1 thing at a time and will keep you posted.......Dave

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Well I spoke to my dealer yesterday concerning the update and I told them that I wasn't too impressed with what Cat had done. They called Cat and told them about the loss in gas mileage and performance. (Damn, I lost a range of 60 miles per tank of fuel) Cat said this was normal. Cat wants to send a new ECU or send mine back to see if it was reflashed properly. My question is why do they want to reflash mine or send me a new one to try? I'll keep you guys posted. Dave

·
Registered
31 Posts
My has not been reflashed my dealer says to wait just don't run it for a long time at the 5000 to 6000 rpm with burping it.. my 1000xf is rich

·
Registered
60 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tomer @ Mar 1 2007, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My has not been reflashed my dealer says to wait just don't run it for a long time at the 5000 to 6000 rpm with burping it.. my 1000xf is rich[/b]
Late build date? I think the late build 1000 ECU were program overly rich because of the early build lean issues. But, I think they over did it on the late builds and made them too rich. Reflash seems to resolve the overly rich issue somewhat, but they are still richer than the early builds. The early builds also seem to get much better fuel milage. The good news is you can likely add mods, ie air flow and y-pipe with no worries.

·
Registered
942 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (F1000 Dave @ Mar 1 2007, 07:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well I spoke to my dealer yesterday concerning the update and I told them that I wasn't too impressed with what Cat had done. They called Cat and told them about the loss in gas mileage and performance. (Damn, I lost a range of 60 miles per tank of fuel) Cat said this was normal. Cat wants to send a new ECU or send mine back to see if it was reflashed properly. My question is why do they want to reflash mine or send me a new one to try? I'll keep you guys posted. Dave[/b]

This is exactly what AC has done to my sled... mileage dropped from 15-16 on break in to 9 with 877 miles on the chassis about 350 on the last motor.

My dealer sent the last ECU back on 2-19 or so and they still haven't seen or heard from cat regarding my sled.

·
Registered
942 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Browndogg @ Mar 1 2007, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Talked to one person and he told me his 1000 is even slower with the re-map.[/b]

After the 3 or 4th remap... my sled would only turn 6900 rpms. No top end and pig rich on bottom and on top.

IMO... the 1st ECU was the best. It needed a little fuel in the midrange, leaned out on bottom, but the WOT was perfect. I would like to get it back and just use a boondocker to correct the problems in the low end and mid range. Top end the sled would rock.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
I just returned from Old Forge and did some experimenting. I installed the Speedwerx Hi Flow air filter and I must say that the fule mileage went back to 15 mpg. Like I posted earlier it went to 11 mpg after the remap. I do believe it is still on the rich side. I didn't get a chance to pull a plug before I left cause of the BS you have to go through. It is now getting it's 500 mile service and I will check it then. I also palyed a bit with the clutch and it's starting to come around. Didn't get it on the lakes, the inner trails were just too good to stay away from...Dave

·
Registered
157 Posts
Dave when were you up at Old Forge. My family rode this past Friday and Saturday and said the trails in Old Forge were horrible, worst we have seen all year. And of course the groomers were parked at the garage. Glad we all spent money on trail permits so the groomers can sit.

Did you ride Sunday / Monday??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts