Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys heres the low down on my new f1000. when i first got it struggled to break 95-96mph wide open even after 400 miles. i had AC reflash my ecu to the new fuel map, mine was one of the lean ones, and i installed a d+d ypipe and 4 bulleyes along with a BD box, now for the good news this freakin sled is doing nothing but getting better! 110mph in 1000ft on ice and 105 in 6" of soft ****, for all those bitching about the front end handling, or lack thereof, trust me when i say install some shaper bars, 9" for the aggressive trail rider and a little less for the average joe, this sled now corners like its on rails! all in all i am EXTREMELY happy with this sled now, even after a slow start, with just a tick over 600 miles it is what it was supposed to be, it pulls like a freight train. i had a chance to race a stock f1000 and while he got me on takeoff because he was hooking better after about 300ft i was pulling him hard, i raced a 06 renegade 1000 with twin pipes estimated to be 195hp(approx) and in 1000ft he didnt come close to getting me BUT he was starting to pull towards the end (gotta love twin pipes!). FWIW, the reflash to me seems quite rich from 3000 to 4000 rpm range right around 20-25mph, it burbles in the exhaust quite bad though i didnt seem to lose any fuel economy. for those wanting to know i did run the d+d y pipe and the bulleyes WITHOUT the BD box for awhile with no problems but decided not to push my luck and put a very small amount of extra fuel in the box.

edit, this all happened turning 7600-7700rpm! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off the target, i was truning 7400 origionally which is still too high buut after adding 15hp with the y pipe and bullseyes it went even higher so with soem good clutching to bring down the rpm this will only get much faster.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Nice update report Machz1. (Time for a name change?!)

How did your sled run at idle before and after the update? I don't mind a sled that's a little rich on the bottom, like you described, but damn, today mine was loading up BAD if left idling for any length of time, so the LAST thing I'd want in an ECU update, would be for a RICHER bottom end, especially around idle RPM.

Damn... 7600-770RPM??? As you know, that's WAAAAAY over the 7200-7300 powerband. Time to do some serious clutching there bud. Keep us posted, sounds like you're starting to have some fun! – Roy

·
Registered
24 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flamin @ Feb 4 2007, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ok guys heres the low down on my new f1000. when i first got it struggled to break 95-96mph wide open even after 400 miles. i had AC reflash my ecu to the new fuel map, mine was one of the lean ones, and i installed a d+d ypipe and 4 bulleyes along with a BD box, now for the good news this freakin sled is doing nothing but getting better! 110mph in 1000ft on ice and 105 in 6" of soft ****, for all those bitching about the front end handling, or lack thereof, trust me when i say install some shaper bars, 9" for the aggressive trail rider and a little less for the average joe, this sled now corners like its on rails! all in all i am EXTREMELY happy with this sled now, even after a slow start, with just a tick over 600 miles it is what it was supposed to be, it pulls like a freight train. i had a chance to race a stock f1000 and while he got me on takeoff because he was hooking better after about 300ft i was pulling him hard, i raced a 06 renegade 1000 with twin pipes estimated to be 195hp(approx) and in 1000ft he didnt come close to getting me BUT he was starting to pull towards the end (gotta love twin pipes!). FWIW, the reflash to me seems quite rich from 3000 to 4000 rpm range right around 20-25mph, it burbles in the exhaust quite bad though i didnt seem to lose any fuel economy. for those wanting to know i did run the d+d y pipe and the bulleyes WITHOUT the BD box for awhile with no problems but decided not to push my luck and put a very small amount of extra fuel in the box.

edit, this all happened turning 7600-7700rpm! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off the target, i was truning 7400 origionally which is still too high buut after adding 15hp with the y pipe and bullseyes it went even higher so with soem good clutching to bring down the rpm this will only get much faster.[/b]
just gunna throw this out there but you would not have just smoked a 1000 renegade at 195 hp unless the guy was a complete idiot and didn't know the difference between the gas and brake.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fatcatman @ Feb 4 2007, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flamin @ Feb 4 2007, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

edit, this all happened turning 7600-7700rpm! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off the target, i was truning 7400 origionally which is still too high buut after adding 15hp with the y pipe and bullseyes it went even higher so with soem good clutching to bring down the rpm this will only get much faster.[/b]
just gunna throw this out there but you would not have just smoked a 1000 renegade at 195 hp unless the guy was a complete idiot and didn't know the difference between the gas and brake.
[/b][/quote]

ok, now comes the professional racer wannabes with there 1/2 cent worth, you know it is possible too have a MUCH stronger bottom end and midrange than a guy with 195hp. just cause hes got the top end with those twin pipes doesnt mean hes going to beat the low down torque of a single pipe, especially on a motor the same size and with a few mods of his own, so again just for the record i will say, I SMOKED HIS FRIGGEN ASS in a 1000ft race due to my better bottom and midrange. thanks for your great insight though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flamin @ Feb 4 2007, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fatcatman @ Feb 4 2007, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

ok, now comes the professional racer wannabes with there 1/2 cent worth, you know it is possible too have a MUCH stronger bottom end and midrange than a guy with 195hp. just cause hes got the top end with those twin pipes doesnt mean hes going to beat the low down torque of a single pipe, especially on a motor the same size and with a few mods of his own, so again just for the record i will say, I SMOKED HIS FRIGGEN ASS in a 1000ft race due to my better bottom and midrange. thanks for your great insight though.
[/b][/quote]
hey man just calm it down. No reason to get your panties in a bundle. Just sayin your a lyin.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fatcatman @ Feb 5 2007, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flamin @ Feb 4 2007, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fatcatman @ Feb 4 2007, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
hey man just calm it down. No reason to get your panties in a bundle. Just sayin your a lyin.
[/b][/quote]

ok what ever you say mr professional. i forgot 19yr olds knew it all.

·
Registered
37 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pmk @ Feb 5 2007, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
fatcatman just likes to stir things up, just ignore him.[/b]

He has nothing to add. Only wants to stir things up. To call someone a liar and not be there is just bush league. He is the kind of kid that mouths off from behind a key board, but will lick vour boots in the pub. OHHHH yea, thats right he can't even go to the pub. The mods know how to make his crap go away.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Consider this warning number one ... you'll recognize it in your profile too now fatcatman.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Flamin,

You need clutching to get that sled to wake up.

You are over reving that thing big time........

·
Registered
1 Posts
I`m new to this site and I would like to chat with anyone that has run either intake mod or y-pipe or both without bonndocker box.I am of the understanding the f1000`s are running pretty rich and shouldn`t be a problem.What elevation were you running etc.Thanks.ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Roy T @ Feb 4 2007, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nice update report Machz1. (Time for a name change?!)

How did your sled run at idle before and after the update? I don't mind a sled that's a little rich on the bottom, like you described, but damn, today mine was loading up BAD if left idling for any length of time, so the LAST thing I'd want in an ECU update, would be for a RICHER bottom end, especially around idle RPM.

Damn... 7600-770RPM??? As you know, that's WAAAAAY over the 7200-7300 powerband. Time to do some serious clutching there bud. Keep us posted, sounds like you're starting to have some fun! – Roy[/b]
mine was refleshed and it don't idle as good as before i sent it out.
i put 250 miles on the sled after reflash and it don't run anymore, got stuck in woods, will know what happen wednesday, maybe tues, i'll let you know if the ecu craped out

·
Registered
116 Posts
Here we go again! Just like the 03's, feildtesting via consumer!!!!! I am so glad I did not buy one. This is the only thing I ever had a problem with concerning CAT.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts