Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have ridden liquids, they are awesome. I love my little fans pep under 40, but it starts to drop off (even with clutching) and after 55-60 its a slow creep. This is all after i clutched my setup, tweaked handling, etc.

So I have been eyeballing new sleds. I love the 2002 ZR 600 APV motor, it was awesome and plenty of power for me, however I have heard f6's feel flat compared to older zr chasis.

So that leaves me with thef8s and f10s of yesteryear. At first i thought to do a 2007, but after hearing how huge of improvement the 2009/2010 models are in handling, I am looking for deals on 2009s. A new sled is just not economical or responsible right now.

So would these 09 f1000 and f8's be too touchy and too big of an increase from somone movin up from a sled with 40% that available horsepower; or is the delivery on those still smooth? Or should i be patent and bide my time untill i can get my hands on a 2010 f8 since supposedly that has a much smoother engine with virtually no power band, so it behaves more like the 600cc motors people are used to?

(You may as my riding style. I am a flatlander trail rider/ditch banger. Longest ride in a single trip was 280 miles, but most my runs are 100-120 mile loops with windy/twisty trails that currently leave me roasting to death on my fan cooled sled that runs extremely hot, so i get dehydrated, then start riding sloppy towards the end :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I meant a new MSRP sled is not economical or sensible for me. To spend 3-4k more to have it this year vs wait 1-2 years for it to drop 3-4k

·
Registered
774 Posts
My '99 ZL 600 LE and '02 ZL 600 SRS had more oomph than my '08 F6 does. But the former 2 sleds do NOT ride anything like the F6 does either. MPG's are about the same for all 3 sleds. The 800's gets 2-3 more mpg's (14-16 vs. 12-14). The '10 800's I think will kick a F10's butt pretty well. But if all out speed isn't your thing, I'd go with a '08 or '09 800. Might be able to help you with a sled if interested. Dealer has some new left over's.

JZ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts