Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just about 700 miles on my F1000 now. Its a great sled no matter what people say...

Anyhow my right side pannel is covered in two stroke oil after long trail rides. Has anyone had this problem? I didnt think it used that much oil compared to my 04 F7 but that sled drinks oil. Its so bad that it has a film on the tunnel and the junk box in the back. I might need to turn my pump down a turn what do you think?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Tod

I was told buy my dealer that I needed to come in at 500mi and have the oil pump turned down.
hope this helps
Pete

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I will move it a turn to start and see what happens.

I was also told to see if the return spring unhooked?

Later.....

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yeah, for sure take the time to to a fuel to oil ratio test on your next ride or two. Mine stock is at around 42:1, so I don't think I'll mess with it at this point. – Roy

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have arounf 800 miles on my F1000 now. Not sure about oil to fuel ratio, but I am using .43 oz of oil for every mile. Low oil light comes on at about 145 miles. this oil usage seems very high.

I am guessing it needs to go to dealer to get turned down. Any ideas here?

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you get 10 mi. per gallon, which is probably about right, you would use 4.3 oz. of oil. That would be @30:1, way too much oil. Do a day of riding, start off with a full tank of gas, full tank of oil. Log how much gas you add during the day if you stop at gas stations. When you get home, fill gas tank again, measuring how much you put in. Add to that the amount you added during the day. Then measure out how much oil in oz. it takes to re-fill the oil tank. Multiply the gallons of gas by 128 to convert to oz. divide that # by the # of oz. of oil used. The number you get will be the X in the X:1, giving you how many parts of fuel to 1 part of oil consumed. You should be around 50:1. Any lower will end up gumming up your power valves, and wasting oil ,ect.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I turned my oil pump back 2 turns last night. I have so much oil caked in my y-pipe and exh port its sickning.....

If it blows then I guess its time for porting! :beer_cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts