Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are out in West Yellowstone enjoying the trails and piling up the miles on our sleds. Thought those who are not so fortunate might want an update. My sled is on its second motor (first one lasted 6 miles). I rode several hundred miles stock and then installed a speedwerx high flow intake. Excellent addition, transformed my sled from a missing sputtering pig into a smooth running machine. Then we went to West. I rode the sled once there but it was running poorly again like it did at home so I installed a speedwerx Y pipe and again it picked up and smoothed out (it was missing again). I have over 500 miles on the Y pipe setup so far and the sled is running strong Rockerdude Today we took my MachZ and ran it against the Cat. At home with only the intake the doo was about 3 mph faster. I figured the Y would even things up and it did. Now the doo (1.25 ripsaw) pulls the cat (1.0 hacksaw) down low. In the mid the Cat starts to gain and by 90 it was ahead and pulling away about 3 lengths ahead when we quit. On the soft trails at altitude (7000'ASL) I see a max of 104 mph.
Superior fuel economy as well. Today after 85 miles of trail riding including 25 miles of breaking trail in 12-18" of fresh powder I took 6.9 gallons of fuel. The others all took more. Rev 800 9.5gal, Fusion 600 8.1gal, Crossfire 700 8.2gal, Dragon RMK700 9.0gal. My MachZ has been towed in twice from a lack of fuel. When the computer goes into limp mode on the Z the range with its stupid little tank is only 50-70 miles!
Suspension-What a ride. Best I have ever rode. Light years ahead of the Z. Don't know how they did it but it feels like an 800! Z feels like a 1000 and then some. Even the Rev riders in our group grudgingly admitted that has a quality ride. In my mind it rides and handles better than a Rev and thats saying alot. Nice light steering to not heavy in the skis like a doo.
Few shortcomings-whoever thought up that stupid rear trunk assembly should be bitch slapped. It is a huge ice trap. Every F is going to be carrying 50 lbs of ice around with them all winter. bang your head You know it has filled up when you start hearing the track hitting the ice in the bumps. Why didn't they run the tunnel all the way to the back? Also the plastic is super garbage. Scratches really easy and is full of casting flaws. Mine is an oil pig as well, using oil at about a 30-1 ratio. How does that pass smog laws?
Sorry bout the double post, can't find the delete option.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Nice post. Its a nice sled. Jealous of the miles you are racking up.
Can't believe my LX came without mirrors! And I don't have any idea how I will attach a travel bag to the rear of this sled, since they put the tail light up against the rear of the seat instead of back by the rear bumper.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Must be nice. Mine has about 20 miles on it. I tried waxing mine last night and made it worse. I don't what to use to shine this thing up? If they offer painted body parts next, they are going on my sled. If I wanted 4 wheeler body plastic, I would have bought one!

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I have 0.6 miles on my new F8, and those where on it the first time I started it up after I got it home, I haven't got a chance to ride it at all :(

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (looneytune @ Jan 7 2007, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Must be nice. Mine has about 20 miles on it. I tried waxing mine last night and made it worse. I don't what to use to shine this thing up? If they offer painted body parts next, they are going on my sled. If I wanted 4 wheeler body plastic, I would have bought one![/b]
LT
I am hearing either Plexus plastic polish, Pledge furniture polish or Yikes Futura Floor WaX!!!! Also there is supposed to be a plastic polish available from Cat dealers. I too fu'd up the finish on some of my parts with car wax.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I'm going to try Novus plastic polish and see how that goes. I remember using that stuff years ago on plastic bins where I worked, maybe it will work on the sled.

·
Registered
113 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mikerider @ Jan 7 2007, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nice post. Its a nice sled. Jealous of the miles you are racking up.
Can't believe my LX came without mirrors! And I don't have any idea how I will attach a travel bag to the rear of this sled, since they put the tail light up against the rear of the seat instead of back by the rear bumper.[/b]
I put saddle bags and the small bag that sits on top of the seat on a Z1 and an F5 (these are not my sleds, I have an F8). After I did that, I bought the saddle bags for my sled. I am waiting for them to show up from ODS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts