Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got out today and put a few "trail" miles on the sled. Loved my old F7s but this new sled is awesome! Steers so easy it feels like power steering. The ride is incredible and handles very good, (does need the new shaper bars installed) it does push in the corners, the snow was loose. I had 51 miles on the pond the other day and added 85 miles today, running very well. I got 12mpg and oil cunsumption was 37.3 to 1. Still had half a tank of premix when I started out today. I'll get another ride on it then back down the oiler a bit.

[attachment=59174:IMG_0010.JPG]
[attachment=59175:IMG_0013.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
744 Posts
mbickf7, you are lucky. Not only do you have a sweet sled, but you have snow. Thanks for the update.... thumbguy

Best I could do today was put wheels on a new set of dollies I just got. :(

·
Registered
942 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alleycat @ Dec 30 2006, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
good post,.....
bythe way,....nice looking truck :thumbsup:[/b]
Thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sno Pilot @ Dec 31 2006, 01:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mbickf7 @ Dec 30 2006, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Camer @ Dec 30 2006, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where is all that snow! [/b]
Western mountains of Maine on the Canadian border.
[/b][/quote]

Rangley? Jackman? How were the trails?
[/b][/quote]
Rangley

·
Registered
249 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mbickf7 @ Dec 31 2006, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alleycat @ Dec 30 2006, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
good post,.....
Thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sno Pilot @ Dec 31 2006, 01:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Rangley
[/b][/quote]
Are they grooming in Rangely? I know Pittsburg hasn't started yet. Looks like a good amount on the ground?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (backinblack @ Dec 31 2006, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mbickf7 @ Dec 31 2006, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alleycat @ Dec 30 2006, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
good post,.....
Thanks

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Rangley
[/b][/quote]
Are they grooming in Rangely? I know Pittsburg hasn't started yet. Looks like a good amount on the ground?
[/b][/quote]
They need at least a foot of snow before they start grooming.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I think that you timed it just right for the conditions. You must of ridden the open logging roads. Was there still alot of rocks showing? From your pics, the conditions don't look too bad? Conditions look like they may improve over the next few days up in the mountains. :super_happy: Hopefullly we'll get a good base at least. BTW... your the first that I know of who is riding in the area this year... at least that gave us all a heads up...

Awesome post and thanks for the update.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sno Pilot @ Jan 1 2007, 06:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think that you timed it just right for the conditions. You must of ridden the open logging roads. Was there still alot of rocks showing? From your pics, the conditions don't look too bad? Conditions look like they may improve over the next few days up in the mountains. :super_happy: Hopefullly we'll get a good base at least. BTW... your the first that I know of who is riding in the area this year... at least that gave us all a heads up...

Awesome post and thanks for the update.[/b]
The conditions were better than I expected a few rocks in the lower elevations but the higher you go the better it got.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Im glad to see people riding in Maine. I heard that some people went from CT up to Madawaska and we riding. I guess the 8 inches they have should be a good base. Just need that killer storm like last year.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ODS Dan @ Jan 1 2007, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was in Rangeley all week.. only rode around the house.. lol.. where did you go?[/b]
Up off the Linclon pond rd, email me next time your up and I'll show you the area, unless you already know it? either way I'm always up for a ride :thumbsup:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ODS Dan @ Jan 3 2007, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We go every other weekend or so.. house is on Mingo Loop[/b]
Not familiar with Mingo Loop but I'm sure it's not to hard to find. Drop me a line if you want to hook up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts