Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my first ride on the F1000 SnoPro :thumbsup:
My buddies and I drove 3 hours from Toronto to the Haliburton Forest on Thursday, since they were the only area opened with groomed trails. The conditions were OK, but since the trails were on gravel roads, that's all you could hear under your carbides, sandpaper grinding :boohoo: .
Still had a BLAST, the sled ran like a top. There was one section with bumps and the Sno Pro suspension absorbed practically everything you could throw at it Rockerdude . We did 126km and that was enough to totally ruin my carbides, I mean everything was gone, including one popped out stud and a few bent ones :angry_mad: . My other buddies were running last year's carbides and weren't as bad as mine (Mach Zx, Renegade 800 & Vector), which leads me to beleive that Cat's are pretty cheap :boohoo: . I think I'll go with a regular pair of 8" carbides which'll cost half the price as the Cat's now.

Bottom line is we had fun and it was worth getting the sleds out slomo . Can't wait for the upcoming snow up north!!!!

Steph

Attachments

·
Registered
942 Posts
Glad to hear that you finally got to give it a try. Rockerdude

Now that snow is flying, I am getting a little anxious to get out as well. Hopefully, later in the week.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would have to say that there were about 50 sledders out when we were there.

The pics do make it look like the trails are in good condition, the problem is that they are gravel roads, not bush trails. And with only about 2 inches of packed snow, the carbides went through and grinded on the gravel like sandpaper. I also lost a stud and bent a few others :devil_angry: .

The mileage on the sled is good, we did 126km and I was just down below half a tank. Probably once the sled is broken in I'll get better mileage.

The new diamond drive reverse is awesome!!! Just press the button and within one second it engages, very usefull!!!

Steph

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (canadianfcat @ Jan 14 2007, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Were all 100 spots taken or not alot of others out?[/b]
A colleague of mine inquired and all 100 were gone for this past weekend.

Awesome pics Steph! We're suppose to get a foot tonite! :super_happy:

·
Registered
262 Posts
did you run it against the mach???? i wonder how a real world race would turn out

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZRlover @ Jan 15 2007, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
did you run it against the mach???? i wonder how a real world race would turn out[/b]
Trust me, that's in the works Rockerdude !!

I just want my sled to be broken in before I do any drag racing. So far, from trading sleds, I did find the Mach torquier than the F, and the sitting position on the Mach is quite lower. My buddy was telling me that they re-mapped his sled to the 07 standard and his dealer told him that the horsepower is actually closer to 180.
When we get good snow and the lakes freeze, we'll definitively take a bunch or runs at each other and use the GPS to get our top speeds Cat happy . Both our sleds are stock and have the 1 1/4" track with studs. Will post post pics and the results once I get them chflagwv: !!

Take care and keep those snow dances coming :yo_sup: !!

Steph

1 - 9 of 9 Posts