Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying an F1 and am curious about the fuel economy. I did a search but no real answeres. It seems that morst had no real miles on them yet. I am concerned because I do a lot of trips in areas with gas being often over 100 miles between stops so it does not leave alot of room for problems. I owned cats for many years and this year I have a mach z and it has great fuel economy but I would like to get back on a cat.

Your feed back is appreciated.
Mike

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
MiKe: I work my sled pretty good and I have seen anywhere from 12-14 mpg. It's as good as what my F-7 was maybe a bit better. Dave...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Not sure actual mileage but I can tell you I ride with 04 renegade800 ,05 renagade800power tec 05 f7 ,01 zl800
I get better gas mileage than all those guys by about 3-6$ per tank depending on which sled it is, the 05 renegade power tec is the closest to me almost even

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, That is good enough for me. There was a pretty funny tready on HCS about mileage but better got any where with numbers, just bashing & bickering.
Mike

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Marathon Mike @ Apr 16 2007, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks, That is good enough for me. There was a pretty funny tready on HCS about mileage but better got any where with numbers, just bashing & bickering.
Mike[/b]
same as f7.
some times better.
12 worst and 14 to 16 still getting on it
very impressed with it being a 1000

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a ported Mach & the F1000. After the 1000 mile mark the F1000 got a lot better but still 1 to 3 mpg. less than the Mach. At least it's regular gas which is more readily available in remote locations.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I rode my brother F1000 on the last ride of the year, we rode fast and hard most of the time. I had 78 miles on the trip at the end of the day. 3 - 5 inches of loose new snow on the trails, and about 4 degrees celcius. We ended the ride because the other guys were getting to the "empty" point and I still had over a 1/4 tank as far as the gas guage was reading. My '04 F6 ext, a friend was using on the ride, also showed over 1/4 tank on the guage and I easily get over 100 miles to a good ride (still some in the tank). So... I was really impressed with the mileage on the 1000!. It's a wicked ride as well. Love the F sled for trail riding... nothing better in my opinion.

Scotty. :super_happy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts