Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading alot about the '07 F Series sleds and all the problems that people are having with them. I know for a fact that some sleds (engines) will be lemons and some will be rockets. There are always first year problems with everything that is "BRAND NEW" from the ground up, but are they really that bad or just some of them?

I was going to purchase a '07 F10 Sno Pro by season's end, but I might wait till the '09 sleds come out or by a left over '06 ZR900EFI Sno Pro. Cause I bet a good tuned (stock) 900ZR will out pace a stock F10.

What changes have been done to the '08 sleds to make them better (engine HP, fit/finish, etc)? Some honest replies from the people who were at the sleds shows would be nice.

Happy sleddin from Cambridge Bay, Nunavut

·
Registered
17 Posts
I put 700+ miles on mine with no problems. Could it be a little faster sure, but I think in will be . Some of the problems are software and will be addressed. I also think that for every one person thats not happy there are a lot that are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 07 F8 Sno Pro, rode with a Firecat and a ZR this weekend, they both wanted to try mine so I got a chance to ride theres both, and all I can say is as for me bening 6'-5" I would never go back to the the old style of seating, the ride and seating comfornt of my F8 was hands down better for me. As for handing I have a pushing problem, so with some different carbides and a little suspension tweakin I'm sure I can improve on that. For the power, goot low and mid and the jury is still out for the topend. All in all only 500 trouble free mile on the sled, and I am very happy with it, took a little bit to get use to the looks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I guess it's just luck of the draw when it comes to actually picking out the sled at the dealership hey? I just sold my '05 F7 EFI Sno Pro, so will look for another sled, just gotta make up my mind as to what rocket I want under my butt.

Happy sleddin folks,

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
F8 snopro is what I ride, and I love it, I don't care if it doesn't go 120mph
It handles great, better than any other sled I have been on, and I can ride the trails here the way I have always riden them and still have some power in reserve. It does everything I need it to do and still out run a few of my buddies on the lake if I need to, but on the trails, they can't catch me, except for AG, he can still catch me

·
Registered
27 Posts
The last place I want to be fastest is on the trails - already too many knucklebrains acting like its a one-way street. But I am DAMN HAPPY with our two new F6's. The ride is comfortable and the handling is exceptional with new carbides and hard snow. My wife loves hers and says it goes where she points it. They push a little in deep snow, but I'm not complaining because I know I didn't buy an M-series or XF. I did break trail a few times in 12" or so of fresh stuff this year and the sled responded well except like I said, pushed out the corners quite a bit.

I'm a young 52 year old who has been sledding for about 40 years. After a 150+ mile day on the F6 my back feels like I'm in my 30's...let's ride some more!

Top speed has been argued all over the place for these sleds. At first I couldn't get my F6 over 86 mph, but then I started hitting 88 - 89 everyonce in while on a lake. I hit 92 once after a very long haul and was ecstatic. Two weekends ago was my last time out. We had a big meltdown and the trails were gone, but I snuck out onto the lake and hit 92 mph right away. That's plenty enough for me and my comfy ride.

I can't freeking wait for next year!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Overall, Average Sled....but not great.

I've got 3,034 miles on my '07 F8 SP coming off 11,300 miles on my '03 F7. Now the problem I fall into is that I got sucked into the marketing and the stupid part of my brain told me the F8 would do what the F7 would do but be more comfortable. The smart side of my brain never spoke up and said that the F8 weighs a ton more plus it got hit with the '07 emissions crap that sucks away power. So...my old F7 would completely smoke my new F8.

The F8 is comforatble, very comfortable. Recently rode it 1900 miles in a week in Quebec, the last day being 460 miles. It just rides super; I think I could ride it forever. But....I also want to have bragging rights with my buddies. Two of the guys I ride with have Polaris FST's. My F8 will go a respectable 104.2mph on GPS and the fricking FST's will do 106 on gps...and I can't pull them in a drag race either!!! My F7 would pull a 10 length holeshot and then go 114mph. That makes the F8 frustrating.

When you add some of the inherent design problems (my opinions) like the ATV plastic that scratches when air touches it, the ass end of the sled that could have been so usable but instead it is a big wad of plastic that restricts having a nice trunk bag or saddle bags and holds ice underneath it makes the sled good, not great. Good might be pushing it....Average.

The F8 has alot of little problems, my F7 had twice the little problems. The bottom line to me though is that I don't mind working through the little problems when I know stunning performance is at the end of the rainbow like my F7. With the F8, when you work through all the little problems, the pot of gold is empty when you get there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (davzkny1 @ Mar 16 2007, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My question, out of 3034 miles, how any of those were you going over 86mph? Top end only needed for racing, not trail riding.[/b]

Point taken, but that's why I bought an 800 and not a 600. I do want to open it up. Do alot of informal drag racing and fast lake running. I'm sure when ou count the whole year the total over 86mph is small...like less than 300 miles, it sure is fun when you find a safe place to do it!

·
Registered
41 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (arcticcdnfc @ Mar 14 2007, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So I guess it's just luck of the draw when it comes to actually picking out the sled at the dealership hey? I just sold my '05 F7 EFI Sno Pro, so will look for another sled, just gotta make up my mind as to what rocket I want under my butt.

Happy sleddin folks,[/b]
i own both the 05 f7 snopro and the new f8. i can tell you that now they trade wins and it didn't start out that way, with the f7 winning every time we raced, the f8 needs alot of tweaking and a air box mod and a y-pipe to get you close. the f7's came out of the crate alot closer to peak performance than any of the new f sleds. i have to blame arctic cat for that. too many people fell into the pitfalls of the rags, yellowstone dealer meeting and arctic cat advertising. the bright side of things is these are great trail sleds with good accelleration and very comfortable ergo's that the firecats could not compare to. would i buy one again? the answer is yes and without thinking about it twice. one other note worthy item is that i have a great dealer and that in itself has a certain value that i don't want to lose, yes other brands are introducing models that would lure even the most cat faithful to jump ship. i think cat will come up with a more suitable firecat replacement very soon, possible fall release and that will make more then a few people happy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
At least I'll have improved resale since my gauge stopped working at 1700 miles. Dealer has it now and I'm getting a new gauge on warranty - With zero miles!

·
Registered
27 Posts
The good : Rides like a dream... Best I've ever ridden. You can really push this thing.
The bad : 1000 cc's and 101mph? c'mon. Needs ALOT of tweeking.
Summed up : GREAT trail sled, piss poor lake racer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
f series equals junk. I can not believe cat let this piece of **** out. I for one will have a new rev xp in my garage next year as that will be the sled to beat. I'm done with arctic cat and their junk sleds.

·
Premium Member
8,741 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fatcatman @ Mar 19 2007, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
f series equals junk. I can not believe cat let this piece of **** out. I for one will have a new rev xp in my garage next year as that will be the sled to beat. I'm done with arctic cat and their junk sleds.[/b]

well ok then,................good bye.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The F Series has alot of potential. It's too bad Cat didn't do their homework. It's not so much that there are problems, as Cat's attitude in general and lack of communication. Not even the dealers can get answers from Cat. They can't even ask the question! Cat needs to listen to it's dealers and when customers can't get answers from the dealer, they need to be able to reach Cat directly. There has to be open communication at ALL levels!

Cat is pissing off alot of customers. At this point, I would probably give up snowmobiling if Cat was the only option. It's not so much their product, as their attitude!

Redd

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tgrissel @ Mar 16 2007, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Overall, Average Sled....but not great.

I've got 3,034 miles on my '07 F8 SP coming off 11,300 miles on my '03 F7. Now the problem I fall into is that I got sucked into the marketing and the stupid part of my brain told me the F8 would do what the F7 would do but be more comfortable. The smart side of my brain never spoke up and said that the F8 weighs a ton more plus it got hit with the '07 emissions crap that sucks away power. So...my old F7 would completely smoke my new F8.

The F8 is comforatble, very comfortable. Recently rode it 1900 miles in a week in Quebec, the last day being 460 miles. It just rides super; I think I could ride it forever. But....I also want to have bragging rights with my buddies. Two of the guys I ride with have Polaris FST's. My F8 will go a respectable 104.2mph on GPS and the fricking FST's will do 106 on gps...and I can't pull them in a drag race either!!! My F7 would pull a 10 length holeshot and then go 114mph. That makes the F8 frustrating.

When you add some of the inherent design problems (my opinions) like the ATV plastic that scratches when air touches it, the ass end of the sled that could have been so usable but instead it is a big wad of plastic that restricts having a nice trunk bag or saddle bags and holds ice underneath it makes the sled good, not great. Good might be pushing it....Average.

The F8 has alot of little problems, my F7 had twice the little problems. The bottom line to me though is that I don't mind working through the little problems when I know stunning performance is at the end of the rainbow like my F7. With the F8, when you work through all the little problems, the pot of gold is empty when you get there.[/b]
Couldn't have said it better myself ... probably the best thing I've read (that I haven't written LOL) re: the '07 F Series sleds. I especially like the comment of:

I got sucked into the marketing and the stupid part of my brain told me the F8 would do what the F7 would do but be more comfortable. The smart side of my brain never spoke up and said that the F8 weighs a ton more plus it got hit with the '07 emissions crap that sucks away power. So...my old F7 would completely smoke my new F8.

Sad, but so dang true! I hope (I PRAY!) Cat can address this and give us what they hyped & what we bought into. If not, I've got a great 500cc performing sled in an 800cc motor.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts