Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an f8 sno pro. Is anyone else not happy with the new brake on it? I really miss the wilwood setup. The lever has to be pulled quite a ways to get the same effect as the wilwood of old.

This would be the only complaint I have, otherwise the sled is awsome.

Does anyone know of a fix that could be made?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I noticed this as well and I thought the brake might need to be bled. If you look at the park brake though the lever has to go back so far so you can engage the PB. I think thats the only reason it moves so far before it starts to get hard.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Compared to my ZL the brake feels soft because it has to be pulled so far, I still haven't got enough snow to ride, but just from playing with the brake, it feels like it will work, but will take some getting used to. If there is a fix for this I would like to know too

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I believe they will get better as the brake pads are burnished, otherwise bleeding the system may be required.

~Fast

·
Registered
412 Posts
With only 150 miles on my F1000, the braking DID get better after some break-in time/miles, but IMO, the throw distance of the lever is still too long for my liking. I'd MUCH rather only have to move the lever 1/4" or so, like the good ol' Wilwoods, instead of whatever my new F lever is moving – at least an inch or so. MAYBE I'd get used to it and like it over time, but that remains to be seen yet. I have not bled my brakes yet, and it's possible that could help shorten the travel and/or reduce a bit of sponginess. If we don't get any freaking snow, I guess that's one more freaking thing I could do before freaking spring gets here. – Roy

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My wife has a Jag and the brake does the same thing as my F8. I thought that it needed a bleed and I did bleed both sleds but they still are the same feel as they were.

I might look into fitting a wilwood setup instead of the one that's on it. I am a mechanic and a machinist so even if I had to make something up to get the old system to work I should be able to if the master matches the caliper volume.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My wife has a Jag and the brake does the same thing as my F8. I thought that it needed a bleed and I did bleed both sleds but they still are the same feel as they were.

I might look into fitting a wilwood setup instead of the one that's on it. I am a mechanic and a machinist so even if I had to make something up to get the old system to work I should be able to if the master matches the caliper volume.

·
Registered
412 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2KWIK4U @ Jan 10 2007, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My wife has a Jag and the brake does the same thing as my F8. I thought that it needed a bleed and I did bleed both sleds but they still are the same feel as they were.[/b]
Thanks 2KWIK – maybe I won't mess with bleedin' it afterall then. – Roy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts