Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 f-7 that has what feels like a missfire on the buttom end. when I go wot from a stop the sled takes off and then starts to bog slightly and sounds like its missfireing alittle then slowly clears out and begines to smooth out. I just noticed this problem this year when racing my friends rev 800, I used to bet him down the strech but with this happening I cant????? I put now plugs in and no differences, I cleaned the power valves but do not know how to set them. Could there be anything eles.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Could be your TSS switch or like me I had this issue but it was caused by my pipes not being sealed and I have a small hole in my exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put a new pipe on this year and sealed it well. I went back to my stock pipe and it made no difference. The only thing different from this year to last is the power valves. The valves were so pluged up that i had to really pull on them to get them out. when I removed them it pulled the cable out so I'm not sure if it came out of adjustment. This may not be it at all.

·
Registered
464 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (speedym2 @ Feb 13 2007, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I put a new pipe on this year and sealed it well. I went back to my stock pipe and it made no difference. The only thing different from this year to last is the power valves. The valves were so pluged up that i had to really pull on them to get them out. when I removed them it pulled the cable out so I'm not sure if it came out of adjustment. This may not be it at all.[/b]
Sounds like a great place to start after you buy one of those $5 manuals. There's a whole section on powervalve maintenance/adjustment

1 - 4 of 4 Posts