Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy an 04 F-7 with no ecu and I want to see it run of course so hears some questions.
Can I use an ecu from a 06 M-6 in an 04 F-7 just to see if the sled runs? And if it works can I get the ecu flashed to work for an F-7. And also what is the difference between the different shapes on the ecu. Thanks to anyone who can answer any of my questions.

·
Registered
523 Posts
a 600 ecu will plug in but dont do it it will not be compatible with your engine your guna burn it up 600 and 700 engines use different timing a fuel mapping, the different shapes on the ecu mean defferent mapping , for newer mapped ecu's look for the square for a 03 mapped ecu look for the triangle i believe that was the best mapping you could find form the factory

·
Registered
152 Posts
As long as it is compatable with the plug to just start it and here it idle, You will not be causing any harm. Under load yes. Will it be running a little leaner....Of course. But your not romping on the thing.

·
Registered
165 Posts
it should be fine just to idle shortly it to see if it runs. don't ride it though until you get a F7 ecu.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts