Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard the new F 570 fanner is $6,400. Anyone heard if this is correct. A little on the high side considering this year the SkiDoo 550 fan was only $5,600. And the F comes with hydrolic shocks and blow molded skis, not the Ryde FX Shocks and plastic skis like the '07 F5. And to boot the F5 for '08 comes with hydrolic shocks instead of the Ryde FX. Hate it when Cat cheapens things.

I was interested in getting the 570 for a second sled next year, but would have to spend more money afterwards to upgrade the skis and the low windshield. Not a very good deal! And why can't theLXR models come with mirrors???

I was quite pleased with my new '07 F5 this winter, and put on 6,400 trouble free miles. Yes, 6,400 miles, and I may not be done yet. Will probably pick up the new Doo TNT next season as my main sled to ride, just to try something different, but was also hoping for the 570 as a backup sled. Looks like Cat maybe lost a sale.

mike

·
Registered
695 Posts
gotta make up their losses some where I dunno

entry level sleds tend to sell a lot better so maybe they think they can get away with it...

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I think it's ridiculous pricing. They don't offer much in the way of a special spring check anyhow. I will keep my old cats that I have now. I wasn't impressed with the Firecat, now the F series. I was considering a 570 fan if it were in the Firecat chassis, but they jumped right into the twin spar. I don't really think it is a chassis that should have a fan in it anyhow. I will keep buyin up the cheap 01-02 800 zrs and ride the heck out of em. Our 12 yr old wants a Freestyle anyhow and the 5 yr old may get the pink Z120(She is insisting). I was hopin the 570 fan would appeal to him, but he has his opinion. Cats lineup is more depressing every year, especially with no F5 sno pro

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hope I heard wrong on the 570 price, haven't had a chance to get to the dealer yet. The TNT certainly is the bargain of the year, but so is the MXZ 500SS Trail for (list) $7,099. Doo's offering of no payments til March, free ES and $350 in spending/accessories is a great deal.
I did really like the Cat Twin Spar Chassis. Fijjity, I was like you, could have run those ZR's forever. But the new chassis won me over, at least for trail riding type situations.
mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts