Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys my dad where's glass's and when he snowmobile's they always ice or fog up on him when he wearing his helmet any ideas on how he can prevent that?
Thanks

·
Registered
691 Posts
You can either buy some Anti-Fog spray or like I do, Regular car wax.......never had any problems since.

·
Administrator
7,965 Posts
Rain-X makes an anti-fog product.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ya a thin layer of soap will work good too but if his lens is shaped with a lot of concave as mine does in the left eye. They call it astigmatisim or something like that, sorry for the spelling. I used soap but always had a problem with my left lens still fogging over. I concluded it had something to do with the shape of the lens holding moisture. my 2 cents. I bought the Doo modular helment but soon found ice forming and snow still blowing inside. Hands down the best way to go is with the Proview goggles and open face helment. Just be sure to get a Cat Helment at least my goggles fit really really good with this set up. No regrets no cold face either.

·
Registered
460 Posts
i use a bombi modular and not a problem. would neve rride without it now. and i have ridden in 40 below too. so well worth the $$$.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've tried the anti-fog spray's and no-fog masks without much success. I've also tried the motocross type helmet with goggles. I couldn't seem to get the balaclava to keep my face warm (was a very cold day). I ride with some buddy's that really like the motoX helmet goggles though - just didn't work for me. I ended up going with a modular helmet. It didn't elimate the fog completely, but has been the most affective. The thing that made the biggest difference for me is to not dress too warm. I wear a turtle neck T-shirt with bib-overalls and a Cat jacket with no inner liner and that's it. No thermals / extra sweatshirts, etc. As long as I'm on the verge of being cold (but not uncomfortable) I don't sweat (and fog the helmet). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Learn to breathe though your knees or elbows, that way the heat of your breath will not be inside the helmet ;)

No really it sucks, I am on the verge of getting laser surgery just to get rid of my glasses

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ride with a med windshield and I always run with my visor open about an inch,, I never have problems with fogging,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, until I stop,,,,,,,,,, then they come off.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I went for my first ride on Dec 22
It was also the first ride I have been on since I had my laser eye surgery and it was great!!!!!!
Being able to have the visor closed keeps my face warm and with the heated shield it didn't fog up at all!

·
Registered
21,410 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Houleigan @ Jan 15 2007, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Learn to breathe though your knees or elbows, that way the heat of your breath will not be inside the helmet ;)[/b]
I have heard of people talking out if their ass, never thought of breathing out of it!

Rick

·
Registered
79 Posts
I finally got contacts again after 2 months without (I ran out in October and I work around anhydrous ammonia in the fall, so I didn't bother refilling my prescription), and I'm lovin' life right now. Contacts allow me to run with my shield closed all of the time, and wear my Oakley sunglasses if I wish.

I tried riding with my glasses on, and that's a big fat zero. Didn't matter how I had the vents set, I was always fighting fog on my glasses. Yeah, the shampoo/soap/toothpaste tricks will usually work (I have a no-longer-fog-free mirror in my shower that I treat with soap so I can see when I shave), but they're not a long-term solution. I find that you have to do that every time you're in a fog-up situaiton.

I would say the only real, long-term solutions are contacts, or LASIK.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Houleigan @ Dec 23 2007, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I went for my first ride on Dec 22
It was also the first ride I have been on since I had my laser eye surgery and it was great!!!!!!
Being able to have the visor closed keeps my face warm and with the heated shield it didn't fog up at all![/b]
Where'd you have it done? I paid the $4000 for my wife at the Mississauga Lasik clinic a few years ago now. She loves it and the dry eye problem she had isn't as bad now. Took over a year to get over really dry eyes. Not sure I have the balls or the $$$ for it myself, especially after watching her do it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (insaincat @ Dec 24 2007, 06:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Houleigan @ Jan 15 2007, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Learn to breathe though your knees or elbows, that way the heat of your breath will not be inside the helmet ;)[/b]
I have heard of people talking out if their ass, never thought of breathing out of it!

Rick
[/b][/quote]

Surprisingly it does help keep the fogging down, but it makes your breath smell like S**T!!!! :moon:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts