Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out riding taday with my 600 tripple and I started with a full tank, drove about 15 or so miles and discovered i was down to about just under 3 quarters. Of coarse this was the first rideable day of snow around here. So I got on her pretty hard. Just wondering what you guys get for gas mileage with a tripple.

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
my 99ZRT 600 if I ride hard 70 mile to a tank and quarter if I just ride with no acting up around 85 to 90miles to a tank. thats with 93 oct.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was Doin around 70-80 most of the time, So I guess I shouldn't bitch that much

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticCat600 @ Jan 28 2007, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was out riding taday with my 600 tripple and I started with a full tank, drove about 15 or so miles and discovered i was down to about just under 3 quarters. Of coarse this was the first rideable day of snow around here. So I got on her pretty hard. Just wondering what you guys get for gas mileage with a tripple.[/b]
You cannot judge fuel consumption by what the gas gauge says. The float type gas gauge with the dial in the cap, or on the tank, is very far from accurate. If you want a more accurate gauge you have to drain the fuel tank and refill with a small, known size container and mark the needle position yourself every couple of gallons.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I get 65 miles a tank riding somewhat hard if I am lucky. 96 ZRT 600.

Thats like 7.2 mpg on premium ($2.72 a gallon here)

SUCKS!!

I will be lookin at 4 strokes in future purchases.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (arcticcatmattt @ Feb 2 2007, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I get 65 miles a tank riding somewhat hard if I am lucky. 96 ZRT 600.

Thats like 7.2 mpg on premium ($2.72 a gallon here)

SUCKS!!

I will be lookin at 4 strokes in future purchases.[/b]
Learn how to tune your carbs and run regular fuel. If your engine has not been modded you don't need premium fuel and when properly jetted those sleds should probably get 100 miles per tank.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
The small triple does like its gas. With my 99 ZRT 600 it was pushing it to go 90-100 miles between fuel stops. Like 94ZR580 said dont judge fuel mileage by just reading the very inaccurate fuel gauge. My 800 ZRT was much better on fuel then the 600.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts