Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 06 500 manual for about a year now and I noticed that the muffler has gotten louder and it feels like it has lost some power. I think I may have gotten water in it and damaged it. I would love some more advise as to what aftermarket muffler I should go with and how much difference will it make in the performance? Also where can I get a good deal on a muffler? Thanks os much

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
While you're waiting on your new muffler, you may want to pull and clean your spark arrester.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well so much for checking the spark arrester. The bolts started turning pretty easy and then one just snapped off so I guess I wont try that again.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Same thing happened when I removed the S/A on my wifes when it was brand new, and then on my H1 with 80 miles on it. I reinstalled my S/A; but removed the screen; to keep H2O out. I drilled pilot holes and then used stainless steel self-tapping screws with some anti-seize on them. Have not removed it in about a month because I want to get some good time on it to see how it works.

I will be adding a speedwerx to mine when $ permits.

Put a HMF utility pipe on the 450 Grizzly and have been very happy.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
here is a pic of your cure.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Depends on the dealer but not usually, especially if you pay them to jet it for you. an exhaust wont cause anything in your engine wear prematurely unless you dont rejet. Rejetting is easy and shouldnt scare you away. Besides the 500 engines are about bullet proof.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts