Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, working on my 02 zr 800 efi. took out the rumble pak, back to stock, seems to like it more. just got vforce 3's in there. now im looking at double piped black magic, to stingers. is there anything i need to know before i throw these on there?? anythig i need to worry about??

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there a place i can find all that information, the exhaust im looking at is used. any reasoon why need the clutch kit?? and jetting?? lost I dunno
thanks for the help

·
Registered
710 Posts
clutch kit for sure as those pipes get there power at a different rpm compared to the stock

might want to look into a boondocker too to add gas or take some away when needed

·
Registered
246 Posts
yea what he said about the clutch kit .. the sled wont run right ...and do you have an efi get a boondocker and if you have a carb you need to rejet for more gas so you dont run to lean

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any ideas on what sort of clutch kit and made by who?? i know there is a lot.

·
Registered
520 Posts
you need to talk to a dealer or find a local expert - installing pipes with no knowledge will only cause you headaches and could cost you a motor

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im trying to find the black magic website. or find somone where im at

·
Registered
246 Posts
i thought black majic made clutch kits or recommended ones for specific pipes and sleds but i could be wrong and i thought i heard they went out of business

·
Registered
889 Posts
Black Magic is out of business.

Twin pipes require tuning and make peak power at higher RPM's... if you are looking for low end power, find a single pipe.

Clutch kit increases clutch engagement (for the most part), and brings the sled into the pipes peak operating RPM where they make the most power. You will need to do your research before buying/installing twins.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
You need a chip for blackmagic pipes on a EFI. If you have a carbed version of the sled its alot easier to monkey with all you do is jetting change like stated above. Either way carbed or EFI you have to re clutch. Usually twin pipes build more horse power in the higher RPM. Truthfully I would just leave it stock and do some clutch work and add studs to the track if you dont already have and get your shocks all re done that stuff will do more for the sled then twin pipes normally do.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Blackmagic use to be the MAIN arctic cat aftermarket parts people. They built everything for arctic cat all there race sleds for the top drivers use to come from blackmagic. They built clutch kits pipes tools race sleds engines you name it they had it. Tim Berg use to own it he sold it kinda semi retired moved down south somewhere. The new people bought it and it went down hill they didnt get that factory support that they once had. Now [email protected] and Speedwrex are the big ones. I would say Speedwrex is the main one now since they build alot of the Sno cross sleds for team Arcitic.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright. i think im gonna stay stock right now, look into getting a clutch kit. as for studding. i tracked it out to 136x 1 1/2 inchx 15, stock zr gears. the last few days ive been out riding. it seems to be rubbing at the bottem. there is excess slack in the rear limiter strap, i tightened the front ones about a hlaf inch on each side. when i hammer it, feels rough coming from the under carriege. like its picking up slack, losse feeling. feels like riding over bumps on flat surface.

when i tracked it out. i moved the front mount hole back about 3 inches. and added the drop brackets and moved that hole back about 3 inches as well. looked under there....doesnt look like there is enough clearence. hit a small ditch at about 25, flew about 6 ft or so. landed, felt like it bottemed out. set springs to biggest setting.

dont know where to start looking now.
also, when i hammer it...it doesnt pcik up like it used to, i gotta ease it to full throttle somewhat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts