Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody has experienced what happened to my sled and if anything bad could have happened to my motor. So I have a '03 F7 EFI sno pro w/ 1500 miles all stock and I took it out for only the second time since i have owned it this winter. Rode for probably like 3 to 4 hours (about 3/4 tank of gas) and noticed that the exhaust was getting loud. Finally pulled over to look at it after maybe a half hour of it getting louder and louder. Popped the hood open and noticed on the pipe about in the middle of the first bend coming from the y-pipe that a piece of the pipe about the size of the top of a beer can was sticking up. Realizing that I only had like 3 or 4 miles to get back to the trailer I rode it back at about half throttle (40 to 60 mph). Has this hppened to anyone and did it hurt my motor? :sos:

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SNOPRO678 @ Jan 23 2007, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was wondering if anybody has experienced what happened to my sled and if anything bad could have happened to my motor. So I have a '03 F7 EFI sno pro w/ 1500 miles all stock and I took it out for only the second time since i have owned it this winter. Rode for probably like 3 to 4 hours (about 3/4 tank of gas) and noticed that the exhaust was getting loud. Finally pulled over to look at it after maybe a half hour of it getting louder and louder. Popped the hood open and noticed on the pipe about in the middle of the first bend coming from the y-pipe that a piece of the pipe about the size of the top of a beer can was sticking up. Realizing that I only had like 3 or 4 miles to get back to the trailer I rode it back at about half throttle (40 to 60 mph). Has this hppened to anyone and did it hurt my motor? :sos:

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks[/b]

I think we have all split open the 2003 pipe! I doubt you hurt anything. I rode mine nearly 20 miles like that. I had mine re welded and reinforced. Do the same or find another pipe??? Saw some on eBay and check the other site. Saw some pipes on there. Maybe time for a BMP pipe :thumbsup:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all you guys for the insight. My split along the weld about 5" or so as well. Just patched the hole and welded along the two halves. Now does anybody have any pipe suggestions for what to buy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts