Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where my y pipe connects to my muffler..the cup shaped end of the muffler is half missing. it looks like the the gasket is still sealing it ok.my quistion is what if it starts to leak will my machine be alright to run this way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont understand the big mess reply....im wundering if the exhaust leak will hurt anything like a motor burn down or something?

·
Registered
524 Posts
My donut was leaking when I first got my X-fire....so I got a lot of oil residue everywhere under my hood, had to spend 1/2 day cleaning it up but my engine did nto burn down, just made a big mess.

good thing my aftermarket pipe came in because it was a tight fit and sealed the leak.

·
Registered
473 Posts
In answer to your question, yes you'll make it home, yes you'll have a big mess, and most importantly your engine will be running lean. I believe the term for this is "scavenged charge", or "scavenged fuel". This is the gas/oil that is sucked from the manifold back into the cylinder for combustion.

If it does start leaking its probably not something you want to leave be, especially since the leak will probably get worse over time. It will definitely get you home or through the weekend if need be, just be aware of what is happening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts