Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Rockerdude
I Have a problem with my exhaust pipe :boohoo:
It keeps bending up with the heat, on the bend over the pullstart.
My dealer has replaced the pipe twice I dunno

Has anybody had this problem?

2006- 500- auto

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I'm pretty sure it was Tigershark that mentioned he had the same problem with the headpipe bending from the heat on his 500. I'm not sure if he found a cure or if his jet kit did infact make the engine run cool enough to not warp the pipe. You can try sending him a PM if he doesnt give a reply to this topic.

·
Administrator
7,990 Posts
My 05 500 did it twice. I installed a dyno jet kit which has a noticeably slimmer needle and so far, so good. My header pipe bent inwards and touched the carb, boiling the gas.
It has a modded/drilled out stock muffler and (2) 1and 1/4 inch flexible snorkles that are routed behind the grille for more fresh air to the air box. It's quite a bit faster than stock. I used larger stock main jets and and shims under the stock needle .030 It still wasnt enough to keep if from bending. Hopefully its fixed but I'm keeping my eyes on it this time..........tigger

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:thumbsup: Thanks for Quick Answer
I have the third pipe on now and i have removed the metal covering on the bend for more cooling.
The problem here in europe is we have to use a remus muffler with Katalyser which take a lot of Bhp.
I will ask my dealer about new jets.

Thanks again Rockerdude

·
Administrator
7,990 Posts
try to get some shims under the needle or a dyno-jet kit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As a matter of interest what diameter should my exhaust have on my 500 auto , 35mm or 45mm?

Maybe someone knows which size should be fitted.

Hooah :trail:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts